Is New Mexico worth it?

Anyone else having issues accessing the draw portal on NM G&F website? I can log in to see my customer profile, can access the OTC/license purchasing options, but the clicking to apply to any hunts - that webpage is a dead-end. Tried through Explorer and Firefox, so I don't think it's just a "me" issue.
Just finished mine up and lent NM $7266 - site worked great (I skipped Antelope this year waiting to see what transpires and I skipped Auodad as well).

Here's hoping I get something less than $7140 back...

Reactions: LCH
I’ve been saying that NM was worth it, but the more I look at the new hunts the less I’m sure. There have been a lot of changes, especially for antelope, and it appears as though there are a lot more hunts with fewer than 17 tags than there were in the past. If it actually does take 17 to guarantee at least one tag for a non-res, then splitting up the hunts like that could have been a way to reduce non-res tags without it being as obvious as reducing the quota to below 6%. Hopefully I’m missing something.

IMO, NM is definitely not worth it for pronghorn only. But, if you're already applying for the other species, the extra app fee is pretty negligible and starts to make sense.

I'm officially passing on NM this year. It's just not worth giving away money for such dismal odds. My money is much better invested where I have a better chance of drawing. If the draw results were posted prior to a couple of my other application deadlines I would have considered. But I am not willing to gamble and end up with two overlapping tags, including one which had a drop camp deposit involved. Would be much easier doing these applications if the results came out quicker, but they don't.

NM is awesome. At least you have a chance at getting a tag each year instead of getting a worthless point which just guarantees you to spend more time and money to get a tag.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back