Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Is it worth the cost to upgrade my wife's bow

chevyman181

My wife currently shoots a Bowtech Edge, we are wanting to upgrade her to a carbon bow. We think it will be better for the late season in ND. I have a Carbon Icon and like it pretty good. We were thinking about something in that range but found some higher end bows for not much more.. We haven't found an Icon for her to shoot, or the replacement, the Carbon Zion. She did shoot an RX7 and found a RX5 for her too shoot. Just wondering if the extra money is worth it.. We normally keep our bows 5-10 years before replacing.

Thanks

If it's worth it depends on how much bow weight matters to you. A carbon bow typically weighs around 1 lb less than a comparable aluminum bow. Overall performance of the bow is neither helped nor hindered by the choice of riser material.

My wife has the carbon rose and we have yet to find a bow that she like more than that one. It is many years old at this point. She might just buy another and use her current setup as a backup. Shes killed a lot of game with hers. Her first bow kill with it was a moose at 15 yards....lol

My wife has the Carbon Bowtech Eva Shockey…..she liked it so much we bought a second as a back-up. Smooth, fast, and very forgiving. The new Eva Shockey bow (2022) went back to aluminum riser, unfortunately.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back