Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

IS APRIL 5 OK FOR TEXAS?

Calif. Hunter

Tom says Thompson only has 2 hunters booked for April 5th - does that date look okay for everyone? If so, post here ASAP so that Tom can get back to Thompson and we can start sending in deposits. We need to move fast so that Thompson will keep the date open.

We'll try this one more time.. Now school is over and it looks like GW is going to kick this Iraq thing in the butt sooner than that, so count me in .. for cash if nothing else...

:cool:

April 5,that should work for me aswell.Its not Easter right lol ;) .I will check with Dad aswell but should be ok.Thats awful close to Turkey season for here but doable I think.
Tom if you could check on the Javelina hunt that would be great.I would like to do that.

I would love to go to texas again, but with this bear hunt I dont see it happening.....

Delw

april 5th is good for me. im in just let me know when to send the deposit. cali guess we will need our own snore room again.

Last time In Texas, Tom and I stayed in a motel, and the last one to fall alseep was doomed.... :eek: It wasn't so bad if the AC was running as it covered up the snoring. You didn't keep me awake on the hog hunt, but everyone else said they could hear us. ;)

The only problem with the snoring and the A/C is that you cant hear an alarm clock go off in Texas ;)
;)

Two alarm clocks, that would do it. One to beat the snoring sounds, one to beat the AC sounds. Either that or just stay at the cabins where you can't help but stay up and get up. With one alarm clock, you got to keep it close, right, got it.

I left Thompson a message that we want the April 5th if its still open and asked if its still a $50 deposit and $180 per animal total with the remainder due at the hunt. Will let you know as soon as its confirmed.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 10-07-2002 14:56: Message edited by: Tom ]</font>

tom last time i was coming across i-10 i noticed several exotic ranches ive never seen before close to the same area, if thompson cant get us in maybe we could check out one of these other places.another question, if we can make it april 5th thats gonna be about my kids spring break, does anyone have a problem with an 11 year old coming along.if anyone does please say so but otherwise i think it would be really fun for him

tnctcb, He can hunt! There's no lower age limit in Texas, so its up to you. He can go to the blind with you at least, if you want. You're responsible for his safety, so tell us if you want us to let him hold our loaded guns or not. Probably not. It would be great, its a good place for younger people too. Its pretty regular for a grandpa or someone to bring a young person there for the experience. I10 is like 750 miles long, I don't know any place along it, to compete with Thompson's place, we should just decide earlier. I'll get my cell phone and call him back today, I hope I get him, so he knows we want that date, I left a message for him to that effect, but want to confirm it and post on it.

tom, i-10 is 862 miles across texas( Man do i know that road all to well). i just saw some exotics out there but i dont know where they are.my kid is pretty safe with firearms so im not to worried about that part. he would be with me all the time unless one of you guys just got a whim to take him with you, neverthe less constant adult supervision. i just dont want anyone to not go because there is a kid going. anyway if you get in topuch with him please post us so i can get my money sent out.

tnctcb, Next time you go by, if there is a sign, write down the number. Most of the places are more money, or if they are the same, they are smaller animals, or not as many hunters. He's been doing this 25 years and is hard to beat. If your son is with you always, unless someone else gets a whim for the two of them, then he won't take an extra space. It will be great to have him. I'm just trying to verify I have the right address and deposit and total, then I'll post it.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back