Investment

Mooretitan

Well finally reached a few goals and now will be sitting on an extra $1000 or so a month. Trying to figure out what to do. Start reinvesting in my Roth and not worry about it or invest in another area. I have about 15 years left before I retire.

Any suggestions

Maxing out Roth is a good start - at $1k/month it won't take long to max out an IRA, but would not max out a 401(k). Plain old S&P index fund with a low fee company like Vanguard or Fidelity. Same basic advice, have some amount just is safe, liquid for an emergency fund. After both of those, there are other options for investing based upon your situation and tolerance to risk.

Don't forget to diversify. Many equate investment with the stock market (that is certainly where my mind first goes). There are plenty of other ways to invest. Think about passive income sources. Rental homes, vacation rentals, farm rentals, etc. Or active income sources like renting your RV, starting a small company, renting hot tubs, baking donuts on the side, etc!

Can you explain?
There is a lady at my company who rents portable hot tubs. They deliver them to someones house and pick them up when they are done with them. They charge so much per day or weekend or whatever. Pretty neat side hustle! Pretty neat if you are going to have a party and just want one for the weekend without the hassle of owning one.

There is a lady at my company who rents portable hot tubs. They deliver them to someones house and pick them up when they are done with them. They charge so much per day or weekend or whatever. Pretty neat side hustle! Pretty neat if you are going to have a party and just want one for the weekend without the hassle of owning one.
C7CFF8E9-1533-43A6-968F-7DF73DDB1FEC.gif

To the op: There’s a lot to unravel to answer that question. Once you load out your Roth, start loading out your 401k. Probably a pretty standard distribution in mutual funds and ETFs.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back