Intro

oldman357

Howdy,

I'm a newb around here, well kind of me and my students have been watching this forum for a few years. I teach middle school special ed math, and at least once a week we're looking at the great photos and reading the stories found on this site.

I'm new to big game hunting being a bird hunter since i was about 20 i've been trying to teach my self big game hunting I have to thank y'all for the great advice found in this forum.

Thanks y'all don't think i have much to add yet but i look forward to learning and hopefully adding my own adventures in the future.

Welcome!
And if you are an educator you have my thanks. Anything I can do to help you just let me know.
Daughter number two has a degree in secondary ed, but couldn't find a full time job in our area. So moved on and has a job she loves helping others.
Ask a lot of questions here. I don't know of anybody here who would give you a bad time. Welcome to send me a PM if you would rather not ask a question on here.
I helped in hunter ed when my grandson went through it and there were a few kids who were learning challenged, but the most interested students in the class.

Welcome to the site! Your students are lucky to have a teacher that lets them read hunting and fishing stories during math class!

"Students, today's lesson is going to be on the proper procedure to butcher an elk by the boneless method. Given that an elk averages 54 inches long by 34 inches wide and 22 inches deep. How many gallons of boneless elk meat can you anticipate packing out if an elk yields 33% boneless meat from the total carcass volume?"

Enjoy your class!

We have done problems like this! from pounds gathered to miles walked and when I taught regular ed night school trig we did trajectory. Hunting/shooting/any application makes for better math. Thanks for the warm welcome!

Welcome to the site! Your students are lucky to have a teacher that lets them read hunting and fishing stories during math class!

"Students, today's lesson is going to be on the proper procedure to butcher an elk by the boneless method. Given that an elk averages 54 inches long by 34 inches wide and 22 inches deep. How many gallons of boneless elk meat can you anticipate packing out if an elk yields 33% boneless meat from the total carcass volume?"

Enjoy your class!

Thanks for the warm welcome, sorry to hear about your daughter's job hunt but i'm glad it worked out a little different but she's happy. I'll keep the offer in mind i always have lots of questions.

Welcome!
And if you are an educator you have my thanks. Anything I can do to help you just let me know.
Daughter number two has a degree in secondary ed, but couldn't find a full time job in our area. So moved on and has a job she loves helping others.
Ask a lot of questions here. I don't know of anybody here who would give you a bad time. Welcome to send me a PM if you would rather not ask a question on here.
I helped in hunter ed when my grandson went through it and there were a few kids who were learning challenged, but the most interested students in the class.

From a fellow middle school teacher, welcome aboard Oldman357. I love how you have made math come alive and relevant to your students. As a Lifetime Sports/PE teacher, my Outdoor Recreation Unit is one of my favorites. It doesn't take much to get most middle school students interested in learning more about archery, fly fishing, and other outdoor activities. Keep up the good work.

Welcome oldman! I've got a confession to make, middle school was the absolute dregs of my education, if I had had a teacher like you or sawtooth maybe that would have been different.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back