Into the Beartooth - Goat hunt in HD 316

Well - I am new to this as well, but just found out today I drew this tag! Don’t know if I should post updates on this thread or a new one. Nervous to commit though, the last two guys that drew it left y’all hanging a bit!
Welcome and congrats on the goat tag.

No requirement to commit, but if you do, please complete the story. Other wise we would just figure that you got eaten by a grizz or fell off a cliff.

Good Luck

Well - I am new to this as well, but just found out today I drew this tag! Don’t know if I should post updates on this thread or a new one. Nervous to commit though, the last two guys that drew it left y’all hanging a bit!
please start your own thread once you start you adventure...using this thread would be like starting half way through someone else's book

LMFAO here we are again maybe 3rd times a charm. Good luck Garrett may the force be with you. Give us a story and a little background some people on here have spent a considerable amount of time in that area.

What's your game plan?
I am going to start doing some trips down there in July as the snow comes off. I live relatively close so I should get some great trips in before September 1st.

I’ll start hunting on the opener as well. I understand people waiting until later in the year for longer hair, but to me the gamble isn’t worth the risk.

At that point - I’ll plan on staying in weekly increments - my employer is very supportive when it comes to taking time off for hunting. Definitely looking for a mature Billy, but I am not a trophy hunter either.

Per someone else’s advice, I’ll start a new thread when I start scouting and post the link here for you all to follow along.

I also drew a cow moose tag in the 330. So I’ll post updates on that as well.

@LopeHunter got a tag, chimed in here, started and finished a thread and even though he didn't end up with one it was a great read for us poor suckers that can't draw.

Hi all! I was soliciting info in an older thread about goat hunting in that area. It seems, like many others, the hunter got a little info and then departed the forum. In response to my inquiry, @EYJONAS! challenged me to finish the thread by substituting my story. I started doing that there but have decided this would probably be more accessible in a post of its own.

Accordingly, I'll be posting updates here going forward. Expect a few updates leading up to the hunt followed by an account of the hunt, successful or not. When I first joined Hunttalk in 2014, it was the story threads that attracted me. Most of us here spend many more days thinking, planning, and daydreaming about hunting than days we are actually in the field. These posts before, during, and after were always entertaining and in a strange way I would start to feel like I was apart of a hunt.

For newer guys, an excellent example of a thread like that is this one by @Randy11. Dig into it for some fun. This thread won't grow to anything that epic, but I do hope to provide some entertainment and welcome your comments, suggestions, complaints, or encouragement.

Buckle up for a fun ride.

(For a little taste of the extremes of this country, check out this epic thread.)
Interested in Goat information fi 316

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back