Into the Beartooth - Goat hunt in HD 316

Me? A lot I don't think I'll ever get there, nor am I trying. That's a true story though I know a guy that only needs one more. His lists of wild off the wall accomplishments are pretty cool. Very unique.

Me? A lot I don't think I'll ever get there, nor am I trying. That's a true story though I know a guy that only needs one more. His lists of wild off the wall accomplishments are pretty cool. Very unique.
Awesome! My brother has joked about doing a squirrel slam. 😂

Guess we'll never get the full story...... I even nominated him to finally finish a 316 adventure. Maybe 2020 will hold a full story

Well, I do story write ups and I drew the only NR tag for 2020 in 316-20. Booya. I will write up something even if my almost 60 year old, pastry loving ample rear end never makes it beyond the parking lot. Harvest is down in the 60% range so might be tag soup deal but I am told 316 is some of the most impressive mountain scenery in the West.

@LopeHunter congratulations! You will have a great hunt and I anticipate the success is better than 60% for those that can dedicate a little time. There are goats in the far reaches of the unit, and in more accessible areas as well. Soak it up. I will PM you if I see anything worth noting throughout the summer. Looking forward to your update.

Well, I do story write ups and I drew the only NR tag for 2020 in 316-20. Booya. I will write up something even if my almost 60 year old, pastry loving ample rear end never makes it beyond the parking lot. Harvest is down in the 60% range so might be tag soup deal but I am told 316 is some of the most impressive mountain scenery in the West.

Congrats to you looking forward to hearing about it! If I come across anything I'll keep you in mind. I'd actually try and explore more of the district then the usual Cooke hunt if I had the tag........

Well I left you all in suspense for far too long as I was entirely inactive here for 1.5+ years following the hunt. Feel bad about that but a few life circumstances stacked up and bogged me down. Feels good to be back now and perhaps I can provide a story which will satiate our off season conversational desires.

We set out a plan. I talked with many advisors, some here on the platform, and those outside. It became clear to me I wanted to target the area immediately north of Cooke City sweeping west above Yellowstone National ParK. At the time of the hunt, I was enrolled in educational studies outside the greatest state in the union, which, logistically, limited my early scouting ability. So I enlisted the help of my two brothers to find the game which we sought. Together we developed an early scouting plan whereby they would head down well-ahead of the season to, hopefully, find some goats, or, at a minimum, rule out the 'front country' such that we could pack into the deeper recesses.

We set out a plan. I talked with many advisors, some here on the platform, and those outside. It became clear to me I wanted to target the area immediately north of Cooke City sweeping west above Yellowstone National ParK. At the time of the hunt, I was enrolled in educational studies outside the greatest state in the union, which, logistically, limited my early scouting ability. So I enlisted the help of my two brothers to find the game which we sought. Together we developed an early scouting plan whereby they would head down well-ahead of the season to, hopefully, find some goats, or, at a minimum, rule out the 'front country' such that we could pack into the deeper recesses.
Well played on building suspense.

Well - I am new to this as well, but just found out today I drew this tag! Don’t know if I should post updates on this thread or a new one. Nervous to commit though, the last two guys that drew it left y’all hanging a bit!

Back