Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Internet connection

Gunner46

Ok, here's the deal.

I'm paying a wad $$ for the home phone, that I have only one person ever calling me on, and aside from my dial-up connection, it's never used. I 'have' to have something to connect to the internet, for my job.

Any ideas, on a connection, that will cost me less than $60 a month ? I don't care if I drop the home #, I still have the cell, and the company takes care of that.

Hey Gunner, have you ever looked into cable or wireless. I pay less than $60 per month for my cable internet. Its days ahead faster for surfing, uploading and downloading. I will never go back to dial up again.

I've heard of people getting cable internet then signing up for Vonage or other similar broadband phone services that somehow goes through the cable modem....blah blah blah blah!!! Most cable services are around $40 bucks a month and I've seen Vonage advertised at a starting rate of $15 per month. Check them out at www.vonage.com. This is the way I would go and I think you can use the same existing phone number you have for your home phone. Let us know what you find out.

What cable companies do you have that charge less than $50 a month! I have comcast, and the bastards really rock us, like $60 a month. Not including the cable bill!!

We have Bresnan Cable, costs about $45 per month, have all three puters hooked to it and cable is fast. We do not have a land line at all and only use cell phones.

That will probably be one of my next steps when we get a little more competition out here, when we picked up this satelite, they were looking at $100 a month for the service, give it time, it will come down...

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back