InReach text message problem

Bluejeep

So I activated my InReach yesterday, giving me and the wife a week to play with it before I head into the woods. While I can get the email messaging to work, the text messaging does not. In shows sent on the unit, but neither her phone, my phone, nor my daughter's phone gets the message. The unit is brand new and this is the first use.

I looked online and found a few threads about the issue. Some say it's a carrier issue, some say it's related to the location being sent via SMS. I followed all recommendations and nothing worked. Some threads ended with the unit being replaced.

So I called Garmin and followed the troubleshooting, but that failed. Instead of replacing the unit, my issue was "escalated" to the engineering team and I should get a response within 48 hours.

Anyone experience this or any other issues with an inreach?

Did you update the firmware (or whatever its called)? I've had zero issues, but have only sent to ATT and Verizon networks, as far as I know. But haven't used it recently. I did hear ATT was having issues.

If the messages are uploading, then it seems like the issue is with your phones.

Are you trying to send messages from the unit itself or pairing it with your phone and using the explorer app?

All numbers are registered and the unit is sync'ed.

I tried the unit alone and with the app. Same problem.

My buddy did receive the test message (TMobile). But both the unit and app showed the message was stuck sending. I had to restart the app to see his response

That's the info Garmin sent me a little bit ago. I looked up past issues, and it seems this has been an ongoing intermittent problem for a while.

We are do for new phones in my house, maybe we will switch providers

We bailed on AT&T 2 years ago... we couldn’t get service at our house.... in aurora, a block from the AT&T store.

We bailed on AT&T 2 years ago... we couldn’t get service at our house.... in aurora, a block from the AT&T store.
Yea, we had to do the same thing when we moved into our house in 2004. There is a cell tower on the top of a 4 story building three blocks from our house and yet we're in a black hole. One block over and it was fine but the 4 or 5 houses around us all can't get AT&T. Strange things with radio waves.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HuntND90
Back