MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Imitation elk skull for euro-mount???

Rhino Hunter

A few years back I shot decent bull, but I didn't have the money at the time to mount it. I dropped it off at a taxi to cape it (for a future mount), but she cut he skull plate before I could tell her to keep the skull whole for a euro mount. I never had it mounted and now the cape is bad (and I'm kinda short on wall space according to my wife).

Now I'm thinking about a euro mount. But, the skull isn't whole.

My question is...does anybody have experience with the imitation elk skulls for a euro mount? How do they look when compete? I imagine it would difficult at best to get the correct spread/angle the antlers once I cut them off of the skull plate. Is there a way to salvage the current skull plate and use in conjunction with an imitation elk skull?

Thank you in advance for any input.

There are imitation skulls ax
vailable that

There are imitation skulls available that look pretty good.Your taxidermist should be able to fix you up.

I did this with a moose rack a couple of years ago. Just mount up the antlers in the slot in the skull and use epoxy putty to fill it out,sand it and then I painted the entire thing with ivory colored paint. It looked really good when finished and was fun to do.

Sounds like a great idea. Got any pics? Where did you get the skull from?

Thanx!

Here is a mountain mikes elk euro. Not too difficult, but definitely helps to have am extra set of hands when attaching antlers to the plate.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 107
Back