Hanging a euro mount in a corner

trb

Anyone got any hot tips for hanging a large elk euro mount in a corner? I want to mount it in a corner with a hanging potted climbing plant above it so that it uses the antlers as guides for the vine, but can't figure out the best way to actually mount it.

Options would be to put gripping brackets around the antlers and mount them to each wall with the skull floating beneath it? Or just have the skull in the corner and the antlers coming out at a weird forward angle resting against each wall?

Just curious if anyone has tried to do this specifically with a euro.

i would probably try an extra long sturdy bolt/screw that goes straight into the corner then bailing wire or picture wire threaded through the back of the skull tied into a loop that hangs from the bolt. tight enough though that the wire is not hanging above the skull or visible.

i have one euro haning like this, but not in the corner.

i need to go get a pic here when this dumb meeting is over

now i'm thinking and imagining this more. you probably won't the skull more set out away from the corner? antlers not touching the wall? a half foot/foot extended from the corner?

Reactions: trb
If a potted plant is involved, why not build a pedestal to also hold the plant? Attach a photo of the rack so we can see exactly what you're up against. And photo of the corner you want it to go into.

Not really sure about the angle or distance from the wall, just curious if anyone has one mounted like this and how it looked.

I have found this, which I might try: https://www.ebay.com/itm/202435110855

I'll take a picture when I get home of the spot I mean. The tricky part is the angle since elk antlers are obviously much larger than even that ridiculous buck, it kind of makes for some weird spacing.

this seems like a pretty cost effective way to do something similar. it's not designed for a corner but i think you'd be able to get it in a corner with long screws.

might need some manipulation to get the skull to hang right

Not really sure about the angle or distance from the wall, just curious if anyone has one mounted like this and how it looked.

I have found this, which I might try: https://www.ebay.com/itm/202435110855

I'll take a picture when I get home of the spot I mean. The tricky part is the angle since elk antlers are obviously much larger than even that ridiculous buck, it kind of makes for some weird spacing.
That hanger won't be big enough for an elk rack of any significant size.

Edit: That rack may be heavy duty enough but I don't think it will extend far enough from the corner, especially if it's a large rack.

Last edited:
That hanger won't be big enough for an elk rack of any significant size.
Yea that is definitely my concern, I more meant that as a suggestion of style of hanger that I haven't seen for sale other places.

this seems like a pretty cost effective way to do something similar. it's not designed for a corner but i think you'd be able to get it in a corner with long screws.

might need some manipulation to get the skull to hang right

I am no Tim the tool-man Taylor, but I'd imagine drywall anchoring directly into a corner drywall joint could go south fast? Honestly not sure, I have never tried it. That is a great item though, just might need to fiddle with how to attach it to a door hinge or something to corner mount it safely.

i'm no tool man myself, but a corner should be all stud yeah?

could even cut a 2x4 or something into a corner block that you screw in to the wall seat it better at the proper angle?

just spitballin

i'm no tool man myself, but a corner should be all stud yeah?

could even cut a 2x4 or something into a corner block that you screw in to the wall seat it better at the proper angle?

just spitballin
I have absolutely no idea now that I think about it. I have patched drywall plenty but never done any framing.

I like the corner block idea, good call.

Could you build out like a floating corner shelf at a size that could accommodate a standard euro bracket, and hold the plant somehow?

These hangers all look too small to get the rack clear of the walls if mounted directly to the corner.
I like that idea a lot. A shelf with the skull mounted upright on it and the plant sitting behind it in the dead space with the vines coming up the antlers? My Pinterest senses are tingling...

The issue with an elk rack is that there tends to be a "back sweep" to the main beams and even on a flat wall you will have the tips close to the wall. The 90* corner eats up that space in a hurry. I like the Pedestal idea upthread as well as a Corner block, which may have to be a triangular Corner shelf 16x16to screw into the next stud out from the corner. That would get you some antler clearance I'd hope...

Could you build out like a floating corner shelf at a size that could accommodate a standard euro bracket, and hold the plant somehow?

These hangers all look too small to get the rack clear of the walls if mounted directly to the corner.
Apparently we think along the same lines....

I like that idea a lot. A shelf with the skull mounted upright on it and the plant sitting behind it in the dead space with the vines coming up the antlers? My Pinterest senses are tingling...
This is essentially the pedestal mount I suggested. I don't see any reason why you wouldn't go with a floor pedestal or build a cabinet in that corner to support the shelf for plant and pole for pedestal. Might want to use a piece of tree or old fence post to hold up the elk rack. Unless you have a VERY high ceiling, that corner will be wasted space top to floor when an elk rack is stuck in it anyway. May as well put a cabinet there for some storage. Your better half would undoubtedly like that idea too.

I like the idea of the triangle shelf or pedestal. Another random idea would be hang the elk from the ceiling. Skull Hooker has a ceiling mount for deer that you could use as inspiration but it would be too small. The shape of an elk rack sure makes a corner mount though!

Here’s how I did a corner euro. Mounted to the slab with toggle bolts and tethered to the wall with a cable and eye bolts so it doesn’t tip over. Doesn’t take up much space and fits with 8’ ceilings. You could easily add a corner shelf above that for a plant.

E64F4937-861E-4EA0-82E3-3AA42112C038.jpeg

DE381CDA-F6C2-4892-85DD-9FD5D50A3E3D.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back