is 300 win mag enough for moose or grizzly

• yes

Votes: 47 87.0%
  • no

Votes: 7 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
300WinMag i hope that you can see the humor in our posts. It's nothing against you and I hope you can see past the tough time we're giving you. I'm guessing you're a young teen by your posts so asking questions is important but a little reading helps too.

Do a search and a lot has been hashed out. The nuances of western hunting aren't always obvious. They definitely don't require magnum cartridges and rarely involve "long range"

Encounters with grizzly are much lower than you'd expect. Yes they happen but grizzly aren't around every tree like some would have you think. I spend months living in a tent every year and rarely have more than some bear spray.

300WinMag i hope that you can see the humor in our posts. It's nothing against you and I hope you can see past the tough time we're giving you. I'm guessing you're a young teen by your posts so asking questions is important but a little reading helps too.

Do a search and a lot has been hashed out. The nuances of western hunting aren't always obvious. They definitely don't require magnum cartridges and rarely involve "long range"

Encounters with grizzly are much lower than you'd expect. Yes they happen but grizzly aren't around every tree like some would have you think. I spend months living in a tent every year and rarely have more than some bear spray.
Pure class Mthuntr...good post

So title asks if enough for elk/grizzly and poll asks moose/grizzly. Title also asks if things go bad. Assuming that 300 Win Mag has a 3 round magazine and a 3-9 or higher power scope and a grizzly is charging you, nope not enough. Better to toss it to the ground and pull out something like a 10mm pistol with a 15 round magazine and start shooting it until either the grizzly or you are dead. General hunting yeah the 300 Win Mag will kill an elk, moose or grizzly, may want more for the grizzly though they have been killed with a 30-06 and less before.

Funny responses. Made me smile and given how the Raiders played in Atlanta this week, I needed it.

just wondering
It's an honest question. Answer, absolutely.

From your previous posts looks like you took some deer with your .300win mag. That cartridge is great for pretty much anything you want to hunt in North America.

I use the smaller .264 win mag, have taken several elk, black bear, mule deer, and a caribou. Likely it's what I will use on moose. My rifle and your's are enough for a grizzly, if you happened to encounter one and had to use your weapon in self defense.

If you're interested in a elk hunt out west I think you are all set from a gun standpoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back