Caribou Gear Tarp

I'm not angry, I'm MAD!

smalls

The madness is back and as the resident NDSU homer, GO BISON!

10006592_10152313983419532_1042582660_n.jpg

It was a great game last night. I was at the Summit Championship last time they went to the dance. Drove through a blizzard to get there. One of the best games I have ever been too.

Excited to find out Sunday who they will play!

It was a great game last night. I was at the Summit Championship last time they went to the dance. Drove through a blizzard to get there. One of the best games I have ever been too.

Excited to find out Sunday who they will play!

I'll be logged in to Delta on Sunday during the selection show to see if I can pick up cheap airline tickets to watch the first round game. I missed attending the 2009 tourney appearance and who knows when this opportunity will present itself again.

I'm hoping SDSU will go deep in the tournament this year. Maybe Coach Fisher can have another Fab 5.

High risk to play that team and not be at your best. There really is something to having the right coach for a group of ballers to get the very best results.

Its great to see the Bison doing well but man I tell ya what, it's really been tough to be a Sioux fan for quite a few years....

Oklahoma is a good matchup for the Bison. I'm a little disappointed that I won't be making the trip to Spokane but such is life. I can't wait for the nation to get introduced to TrayVonn Wright. Dude is bouncy and plays like a beast above the rim (incredibly nice guy to boot).

Two more sleeps!

Vdo- At least you have the girls bball team (although that is a rough draw to get T A&M in College Station). Our women's program has gotten driven so far into the ground it's not funny.

SDSu could be a sleeper, I am UNM grad and watched 2 of their games this year. Nasty rivals, Best perimenter defense in the tournament, Deny the inside pass,
Hope they go far. It will take a team with 2 very good guards to beat them,

I will root for the Lobos. Center and power foward are good, Good shooting guard. Need more consistent shooters and another good ball handler. THe big men have to help wilh the ball too often. Love the chance to play Kansas without their center. Providing they can get by Stanford.

Good news for you Smalls. My bracket has OK beating SDSU in the first round…….so they should do well and go far. :cool:

Bad news for you Bobbydean, I picked UNM to beat Stanford, Kansas and Syracuse before loosing to Florida…..so they should be out in the first round. :eek:

My heart made me pick Texas to make it to the elite 8 and that aint gonna happen. :W:

Great game, had Me on the edge of My seat for sure. I thought they blew it. That 3 pointer saved the day. They really deserved that game. Hope they can keep it up......BOB!

I can't even describe my emotions. I get way too invested into my alma mater and march madness has been my favorite sporting event of the year since I was a kid. I was attending ndsu when they announced the D1 transition. Frankly we were a bad basketball school. This is fantastic and had I not cashed in all of my marital brownie points for 2 weeks of elk hunting, I'd have been there ( doesn't help that tourney season is also app season).

Unfortunately this probably cements the fact were saying goodbye to another coach. Before that happens I'd like to see the bison play on one more weekend :)

If anyone's wondering....

NCAA upsets crush perfect bracket hopes
Published March 22, 2014
Associated Press

The billion dollar dream is over.

A second day of upsets ended any chance of someone having a perfect NCAA tournament bracket in Warren Buffet's $1 billion challenge. It was a favorite that provided the first blemish on the final three people's brackets in the Quicken Loans contest on the Yahoo Sports website.

All three had ninth-seeded George Washington beating Memphis. The Tigers won 71-66.

"If Warren Buffett wants to donate the (billion) to our university, we will take it and use it in good company," Memphis coach Josh Pastner said. "We'll find a way."

It only took 25 games for everyone to be eliminated. Then again most of brackets were knocked out on the tournament's first full day. The number of unblemished brackets kept dwindling after third-seed Duke, sixth-seed UMass and seventh-seed New Mexico lost Friday.

Only 16 people remained perfect after 10th-seeded Stanford topped New Mexico. Then Tennessee routed UMass, leaving only six people with a chance of beating the 9.2 quintillion-to-1 odds.

Gonzaga's victory over Oklahoma State cut that down to the final three.

Even though no one won the $1 billion, the top 20 scores will still each get $100,000.

Quicken Loans, which is sponsoring and insuring the Buffet contest, said on its Twitter feed that it wouldn't reveal the number of entrants to the challenge. The pool was supposed to be capped at 15 million entries. It probably wouldn't have mattered if they had let more people join.

At CBSSports.com, only 0.03 percent of entrants were still perfect after Mercer upset Duke. They didn't last much longer as Tennessee's rout of UMass wiped out all the remaining unblemished entries. It took 21 games to end everyone's hope of perfection this year. Last season it took 23 games and 24 in 2012.

A year ago, not a single person of the 11 million who entered on ESPN's website was perfect after a first day filled with upsets. Just four got 15 out of 16 right.

This year people lasted a little longer. After 28 games, all 11 million entries had at least one mistake

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back