Caribou Gear Tarp

I'm just Bored.

Gunner46

I'm 65, in semi retirement, single, do NOT want to go chasing floozies, So I'm thinking of some educational class to simulate my physcie. I have a BS in business, a MBA, and an on line Barnes University completion certificate (liked that one, learned a lot).

I really can't attend in-class because I do midnights (guard duty), that gives me more than enough time to study....

What field would you choose in this situation?

Maybe take up a language? I'm learning Spanish with Duolingo and augmenting with some conversational practice. I've found several sites that help you connect with others for free to share in conversation. I speak Spanish to them, they speak English to me, we both learn and help each other with gentle correction. Very effective. Also a good way to maintain a connection with others.

If I were to do the same, I would pursue something that I had interest in which would be (truthful) History (Military, ancient Greece, Rome, etc), Architecture, engineering, geology, forestry. I would love being able to look at something - bridge, building, rock, tree and be able to recognize what it is and how it got there.

Maybe throw in computer programming/web development- I would love to create my own apps!

Maybe take up a language? I'm learning Spanish with Duolingo and augmenting with some conversational practice. I've found several sites that help you connect with others for free to share in conversation. I speak Spanish to them, they speak English to me, we both learn and help each other with gentle correction. Very effective. Also a good way to maintain a connection with others.
I like Duolingo a lot but always felt like you hit a point where real conversations will take you over the top. Could you mind sharing?

To the OP, what about something like that stimulate your body as well as mind? Meaning like an online, at your own pace, woodworking or knife making class or something.

I'm 65, in semi retirement, single, do NOT want to go chasing floozies, So I'm thinking of some educational class to simulate my physcie. I have a BS in business, a MBA, and an on line Barnes University completion certificate (liked that one, learned a lot).

I really can't attend in-class because I do midnights (guard duty), that gives me more than enough time to study....

Learn a craft or art. Painting, ceramics, photography, woodworking, etc all can be done at home through distance learning.

Gunsmithing, like Cush said
Ice fishing
Foraging
Fly-tying
Reloading
Traveling
Woodworking
Carving
Home-Brewing
Taxidermy

These are just ideas I would look into!

As far as education, butcher, cooking classes would be pretty cool

Also @ajricketts, pro-tip: finding someone in a nearby time zone with common interests is a huge help, not just because it gives you things to talk about that you like, but also because it helps you identify the words and phrases that might be relevant. For instance, i recently hired a housekeeper and found that I had no knowledge of words related to cleaning (blinds = persianas, dusting = desempolvar). Practicing with vocabulary that might be of interest is a great way to stay engaged.

Lots of work worth doing out there and Non profit organizations that could use your expertise and or just labor. Since your into hunting how about RMEF or QDMA, NWTF Im sure there is lots of habitat work not being done that could be. You will meet friends and maybe gain a passion.

If you don't need the education to generate an income, then like the others have said go simply off whatever piques your interest. Gunsmithing or knife making, others as well, could make a little $ to help fund themselves. I also like 88man's suggestion of a conservation group or non-profit that you're interested in, could even lead to a part-time position. I'd like to be one of those campground hosts that stay in a beautiful location all summer, of course I want it to be a campground that no one knows about or visits so I can enjoy solitude and fishing all day.

No floosies here,so it's woodworking,reading & now podcasts.Masterclass is good.
I thought about actually getting a full degree instead of having a pile of credits......naaah. If there were floosies involved,maybe.

Photography!

Might decide that night job can go away!

Computer Science is a useful skill that can make you some extra money while being very flexible with both time and location. There are lots of bootcamps out there that give you everything you need to be productive.

Ornithology class and take up birdwatching. Geology class and take up rockhounding. Both of these hobbies have avid social groups/organizations spread across the country.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back