I'm calling dibs

MTTW

Thought I would take a minute to call dibs on the bull that dropped these. If anyone happens to see him this fall please shoot me a PM.

whopper sheds 001.jpg
whopper sheds 002.jpg
whopper sheds 003.jpg

MTTW

My brother picked these up a few days ago. I was kind enough to let him hang them in my shop so I can dream about this bull all summer. I would love to at least get a look at him on the hoof. We rough scored them at about 370 allowing 40 in. for inside spread. He is a little short on the main beams, but wicked cool.

whopper sheds 007.jpg

MTTW

We are going to build a fake skull and hang them in my shop with the rest of our horns. Probably just stare at them.
If he ever decides to sell them, my son or I will buy them. They are just too cool to let go.

bobbydean

Not a shed hunter and I think some of you guys like it more than hunting. I will pick up a shed or deadhead if I happen across it, but do not hunt it.

Curious, what would a pair of sheds as this one with all the character sell for? I am totally clueless.

JohnyRingo

We are going to build a fake skull and hang them in my shop with the rest of our horns. Probably just stare at them.
If he ever decides to sell them, my son or I will buy them. They are just too cool to let go.
Where do you get a fake skull to mount these sheds to? I found a good matching set that I would like to do the same thing to.

MTTW

Where do you get a fake skull to mount these sheds to? I found a good matching set that I would like to do the same thing to.
I haven't been able to find one, maybe someone else knows? We are going to fabricate one from steel.
As far as value maybe someone else will chime in as I have no idea. Most people I know keep the exceptional ones they find. I would guess their market value is much lower than the value to the person that finds them. A guy can walk a thousand miles and not find a set like these, at least in areas I am familiar with.

bobbydean

I agree that the value is to the finder. Those have a lot of character.

That dibs call has the most value. I am sure all hunters will honor it. The priceless price is knowing the area these came from. Hopefully, the dibs call may come true!

Good luck.