Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Illinois gun ban ruled "constitutional".

Status
Not open for further replies.
They can't enforce the laws that already exist. Why? Maybe because the people that make laws are out of touch with reality. Maybe because we handicap our police officers. Maybe because nobody wants a thankless job of putting their life on the line everyday for peanuts in compensation knowing full well the people they are protecting and serving will turn into a raging pack of rabid wolves as soon as some idiot refuses to cooperate.
Pay our officers what they are worth, don't handicap them, have their back when a situation goes sideways, and you'll have more qualified applicants that want to do the right thing for their fellow citizens. Treat them with respect instead of contempt. Just my two cents.
Adding laws doesn't gain us anything if we can't already enforce the ones that exist.

Never said we dont need laws, we've got plenty already that need enforcing. Passing more feel good bullshit just just makes it more difficult on the 99% that play by the rules, While kicking the can further down the road.
Which laws need enforcing in this particular scenario that you feel aren’t?

The irony here is the state’s police organizations support the registration system because it helps them do their job. Back to OP, the pushback on the AR ban is coming from sheriffs who are elected officials and have to appease local constituents who mostly believe their manhood is defined by their AR and the length of their mullet. This is where we go down the constitutionality rabbit hole. It will get looked at eventually because more states are doing the same bans. Again, I generally agree bans don’t do much good.

This is where the gun registration argument gets dumb. Why doesn't Illinois worry about locking up the drug dealers and gang bangers in South Chicago before they worry about registration? Registration has always been the start of more strict gun control measures, and government never gives up on laws once they are passed. One only has to look to Canada, Australia and South Africa to see why registration is the start of a bad deal.
View attachment 287777
1691955730991.gif

Which laws need enforcing in this particular scenario that you feel aren’t?
Illegal possession of a weapon by a felon. No valid FOID card. Carrying a concealed weapon without a permit. Armed robbery. Etc.
Majority of the people actually caught and arrested seem to be turned loose again. Whatever happened to the 3 strike rule?
They say we have too many in the prison system. I say we apparently don't have enough! Reopen closed prisons, hire the personnel, create jobs and payroll taxes, and start putting bad guys behind bars. Make it a prison and not a country club!

Part of the AR ban is we can keep what we have if we register them but we can't do anything with them. Not positive without looking but I don't believe I can even give them to my daughter later on.

Illegal possession of a weapon by a felon. No valid FOID card. Carrying a concealed weapon without a permit. Armed robbery. Etc.
Majority of the people actually caught and arrested seem to be turned loose again. Whatever happened to the 3 strike rule?
They say we have too many in the prison system. I say we apparently don't have enough! Reopen closed prisons, hire the personnel, create jobs and payroll taxes, and start putting bad guys behind bars. Make it a prison and not a country club!
Sounds so simple, I wonder what is holding it back. Maybe $$$. You do you, Illinois. That's why I moved.

What a crock of shit.
A joke. Must be Serious Sunday around here.

Part of the AR ban is we can keep what we have if we register them but we can't do anything with them. Not positive without looking but I don't believe I can even give them to my daughter later on.
Honestly, if gun owners wanted to do one simple thing that we all could agree on that would help prevent gun violence, it would be to safely store the firearm. The stats on gun theft are alarming. (maybe so alarming that I question if "theft" should be in quotes, but whatever.)

Honestly, if gun owners wanted to do one simple thing that we all could agree on that would help prevent gun violence, it would be to safely store the firearm. The stats on gun theft are alarming. (maybe so alarming that I question if "theft" should be in quotes, but whatever.)

Here me out…

There has been an insane increase in first time gun owners, none of whom have to have any training to own a gun…and people are calling folks nazis if they are skeptical about it…public gun ranges are shit shows, tons of shooter trash on public land… and then all the gun violence stuff…

Feels like we are 3R’ing shooting sports…

I think we need a Matt Rinella of shooting… shoot quietly.

Last edited:

I agree with this. The people that aren't allowed to legally possess a firearm know relatives or someone that does and obtains it whether by stealing it, paying for it with money/other illegal products, etc. I knew someone within the last few years that is a felon, but lives with his parents who say he is great person and has never done anything wrong but yet probably has a cell in jail named after him for anything from theft to drug charges use his dad's rifle to go deer hunting and shot at least three deer during a doe only 3 day season with one of the deer being a buck. Just like this example it is brushed under the rug, may have been different had he shot a person not a deer out of season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1sockeye2
Back