Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Illinois deer season

Nope, still miserable! Sloshing through water and fairly windy here. The rain has slowed down to a drizzle and everything is wet. Not even a squirrel so far. 2 more hours.

Heard one squirrel so far. Duck hunters are REAL quiet this morning. Makes my tinnitus that much louder! Gloomy and dreary but dry at least. 2 more hours before I head for home and start working on the lift for the porch. Need to get it straightened out so it works right when we need it. Maybe I'll even bake some more cookies!

Heard one squirrel so far. Duck hunters are REAL quiet this morning. Makes my tinnitus that much louder! Gloomy and dreary but dry at least. 2 more hours before I head for home and start working on the lift for the porch. Need to get it straightened out so it works right when we need it. Maybe I'll even bake some more cookies!
Cookies are good!

No deer seen today. 😞 Not much of a surprise given the location I hunt and the does have started herding up. Two deer is one better than last year and I was able to get out and hunt despite the problems at home. We have a late season hunt but I'm not sure if I'll get out.

Got the lift working right after spending $65 on new extension cords! Sucked, but glad it's working good now.

Marlin Guide Gun 45/70
Highly Recommended
Install a good Warne Tactical Rail
With Leupold 1.5x5 scope with Warne QR Lever Low Rings
Install a Williams Fire Sight Front sight with Cutout hood.
Install a Wild West Happy Trigger
And get rid of that lawyer cross safety with a Safety Delete from Beartooth
Reload with IMR 4198 @ 48.0 with 350 Speer FN and you have a excellent game getter !

Last edited:
Back