Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Iguana Hunting in FL with Blowgun?

406LIFE

Anyone have insight/experience to this? We are going to Key West next Jan, and the fly fishing guide told me about this. Says no guns in the keys, but blowguns are very effective. Also said you can't go 20 ft without seeing them. I've done some googling, reached out to some guides. We'll see what comes back.

I've heard they are pretty good to eat. I think field and stream did an article not too long ago. I don't know much about bkow gun hunting them but he's right, they are everywhere. We camped in the keys two years ago and there was one big enough I didn't trust him around my youngest. He had to be five feet long head to tail. What about a bow?

Proof us hunters will chase anything that breathes. I will also add buy almost anything we think will give us an edge over the next guy.

A guided iguana hunt...I have heard it all. Let us know how it goes. Definitely sounds interesting.

I was watching that "Bizarre Foods" show a long time ago, and they were hunting them with pellet guns from a boat along the shoreline, looked like a ton of fun!

I go down to the Keys regularly and they are truly everywhere. I've had to defend my food several times since they are not shy. Not sure if there is much "hunting" involved since they'll come right up to you. As for eating, I have had an iguana sandwich while in Mexico. Cant say I'm a fan of the taste.

I saw a post on social media where scientists and invasive species control personnel are knocking iguanas with the captive bolt gun that they use on cattle. They're going Antone Chigurh (No Country for Old Men) on them and it's ruffling a few feathers with the soft hearted.

I saw a post on social media where scientists and invasive species control personnel are knocking iguanas with the captive bolt gun that they use on cattle. They're going Antone Chigurh (No Country for Old Men) on them and it's ruffling a few feathers with the soft hearted.
Wonder if they need volunteers? :D

My girlfriend is from South Florida with plenty of relatives living in the keys. They take an airgun to each one they see. The meat is darn good, like in certain markets they sell for 50 bucks a pound. I'd say find a place to shoot em, and fill up your cooler!

To my knowledge a pellet gun is fine in the keys but I would want to back that up with Fwc. As far as I know it's not illegal to use a firearm either but I would because of the possibility of hitting another fisherman.
We shoot firearms off the boat aiming at either clay targets thrown by hand or at floating debris when fishing off shore. Just know what's behind your target
Just my 2 cents

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back