Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Iguana Hunting in FL with Blowgun?

I just got back from a trip in marathon and they were everywhere but very spooky. The locals hate them because they eat all of There plants. I bet it would be very sporty if they are as spooky as the ones i seen.

I have employees in Key West that are doing this in their backyards to protect their pets from them

iguana hunting is on my list, I haven't heard if the numbers are back up after the hurricanes but there are a few guides in Puerto Rico that specialize in iguana hunts.

why would you want (or care) to kill an iguana????
from Florida Fish and Wildlife website:
green iguanas have consumed nickerbean, which is a host plant of the endangered Miami Blue butterfly. As is the case with other reptiles, green iguanas can also transmit the infectious bacterium Salmonella to humans through contact with water or surfaces contaminated by their feces.

from Florida Fish and Wildlife website:
green iguanas have consumed nickerbean, which is a host plant of the endangered Miami Blue butterfly. As is the case with other reptiles, green iguanas can also transmit the infectious bacterium Salmonella to humans through contact with water or surfaces contaminated by their feces.
Also;

Although primarily herbivores, researchers found the remains of tree snails in the stomachs of green iguanas in Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park, suggesting that iguanas could present a threat to native and endangered species of tree snails.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back