If there were a North American Big Five.

Polar Bear
Yukon Moose
Mtn Lion
Bison
Bighorn

Those seem to be the most challenging or prestigious. Jaguar would be better than lion but its not realistic. Unlike Africa, all must be male of trophy size. Only bad part of the iconic bison is it being a lot less wild than when they ran free on the plains. Good question. Would be an interesting poll to list the animals and see what the top 5 end up being.

Another take on it could be
Polar or Griz Bear
Yukon Moose or Bull Elk
Mtn Lion or Jaguar
Bison or Musk Ox
Sheep - Any of the 4

1. Grizzly bear
2. Moose
3. Mountain Lion
4. Wolf
5. Bison

These are not necessarily the most prestigious to me as I would put sheep and goat above mountain lion and wolf on a list of desirable species personally but the African list has mostly dangerous or large game so I tried to match it the best I could.

1) bull moose
2)bull elk
3)grizzly
4)bighorn sheep
5)……………..

Uhhhhh….

I think catching a 9’ white sturgeon or a 12’ + gator or 40+lb catfish would be really something… y’all can keep the Billy’s n birds…

I do love mink, Martin, lynx, badger ect, but all require a separate trappers license that I don’t possess. I’d happy to fill #5 with any of the above. Interesting concept to make you think about ones idea of a “trophy” worthy, fun hunt..

Side note, I used to frequent port costa, CA, a popular MC club hangout, for Sunday clam chowder with my parents as a kid. there’s a polar bear in the bar there. I was always amazed at its size.. unfortunately, though I worry about their habitat and population numbers (based on a common narrative) and I worry to list them as a species worth shooting…. All top 5s listed before me are worthwhile, nonetheless.

Randy’s got a video where he mentions collared dove for dinner because they’re all over his neighbor and his place…. Lets feast, Fin!???

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back