Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

IDFG Tag Sales

Good news is, I just do not think the Sawtooth tag is really worth the rub.

Know lots of guys that camp out to get one, then eat it just the same.
I went to my local rural store to buy a Sawtooth tag yesterday at 9:50. Owner knows me and said no way I’m getting a tag as I’m number 18 in line. He had a guy show up at 4am. He made it to number 7 before tags sold out.

Kids and I bought tags online at 1pm no problem.

I agree it’s not any better a unit than general season elk units except the amount of hunters is limited which increases the success rate.

I’d argue that most of the elk numbers in capped units have recovered to a level to remove the 10+ year old cap.
I think part of the problem is demand driven by lack of supply. IMO People think it's good because it's hard to get.
There were 6500 or so in the online lottery yesterday. If they were to make the sawtooth tags unlimited again it would probably get pounded that first year or two. That in itself makes it hard to go back.
Ill admit the pressure would likely dissipate quickly after that.

Is IDFG still doing that thing where you can send your unused tag to another person with an affidavit?
I'm pretty sure that was only used by honest people.🤦
So dumb; I’m fairly confident there are people buying high demand tags just so they can exchange them with someone later on. I’d guess some money changes hands as well

So dumb; I’m fairly confident there are people buying high demand tags just so they can exchange them with someone later on. I’d guess some money changes hands as well
You're 100% correct.. I was approached twice by different people on another forum asking if I would sell them an unfilled tag. I had to go look it up on the DFG site and was blown away that you could give someone else an unused tag on the honor system that you didn't hunt that season.

Is IDFG still doing that thing where you can send your unused tag to another person with an affidavit?
I'm pretty sure that was only used by honest people.🤦
I wonder how many grandma’s and grandpa’s that have never hunted, or have stopped hunting, that magically start putting in for moose tags when the grandkids get old enough to hunt.

Back