IDBugler and Moosie's 2020 Epic Goat Hunt

I will be heading up this weekend on the opening of Chukar season.... Going to Jet boat up the river and float down for a few days. I'll have some pics Tuesday when I'm back.

I wasn't able to get out with Bryce this last weekend but the picture of the Goat at 45 yards broadside is incredible. Too bad the hair is still short. Hey BK, how about some Pictures.

OK sorry for the delay. I've been busy chasing my son around the last few years and its kept me away from this wonderful place. Baseball is a full time job and luckily he will get to play a little longer at a community college in Oregon. We just dropped him off and let me tell you I'm going to miss that kid. OK enough of that.

I've been wanting to update everyone on some of the other hunts we have been busy with the last few years. Not a lot of writing but mostly pictures.

I had a pretty good run of elk for 3 years in a row. 2 Idaho archery general season and 1 draw in Wyoming. Average score was almost 360.

2015 Idaho Archery - Oscar came and helped me pack him out of a hell hole.
View attachment 151703
View attachment 151704

2016 Wyoming Archery - Oscar and I drew a tag in this great state. Another solid bull and Oscar killed his first pope and young animal.
View attachment 151706
View attachment 151707

2017 Idaho General Season Archery
View attachment 151711
So just raghorns then!?
Awesome animals, guys!!

OK here are some clips I just put on youTube.

Hawaii Spear fishing

Idaho Bear

Kawikas Idaho deer

Another one of Kawika's deer. Crappy editing software but the shot was sweet and the last vapor trail was awesome.

Crazy vapor trail on my 2019 Idaho buck. Solo phone scope shot. Crazy end of this story is when I went to go retrieve him I watched as another buck started fighting my dead buck. Pushed him all the way down to the bottom.

While IDB spend the weekend before last sneaking within bow range of a goat he passed up, and last weekend arrowing a stellar bull, I temporarily split ways with him on scouting goats and did a float trip down the main Salmon river from Macky Bar to Riggins. The guy in the Blue Jacket is my Boss Tim and the kid (No so little any more) is my 2nd oldest Zach. He started BYU this year and came back for a weekend hunt. He is wearing a Tesla rain jacket that can be found @ www.CatchAndRelease.US .... Just in case anyone was interested ;)

20200918_181820.jpg

20200918_190902.jpg

We got to camp Late Friday evening and set up just as the rain started :

20200919_123802.jpg

20200919_134118.jpg

Then the floating began :

20200919_143043.jpg

That little White spot in the top of the picture is Zach.... that country is brutally vertical.

20200920_132407.jpg

Makes for nice hiking through

20200920_132637.jpg

When you stat climbing and look back you realize hoe much you have gone up in elevation.

20200920_132736.jpg

Some fishing was done.

20200920_152438.jpg

I mean..... how pretty is the water ? We would go from rapids to flat water and rapids again.

20200920_172808.jpg

The food ? 5 star. Every meal had pre meal food. Smoked salmon, crackers, the works.

20200920_173700.jpg

We would float, them camp on the beach........ #Trump2020 !!!! #represent

20200920_183000.jpg

20200920_183137.jpg

The hills were awesome, weather great. A little rain, a little sun. Not to cold or hot.

20200921_092857.jpg

You could see a PILE of boats floating down. Covid really made it so people wanted to get out.

Zach's pointing to some boats going by.

20200921_093615.jpg

We camped on beaches as we floated down. Right on the river.

20200921_100204.jpg

Fishing was slow like the hunting but always fun just to cast.

The shirt I'm wearing below is part of the "SCALE SERIES".
It's a new line I'm coming out with. We have Blue right now.
This fall or early spring they will have Green, Black and another color or 2.
They will come in Hooded long sleeve, Long sleeve no hood and short sleeve.

www.Csik.US is the website.

But enough on the Awesome fishing apparel.

20200921_111135.jpg

Oh, but one more fishing picture with the Awesome shirt Zach is wearing.

20200921_112401.jpg

My boy and Me up the mountain listening to Chukars all day.....

Unfortunately we knocked down a couple birds but didn't end up with any.

All in all is was a great trip and the best part was getting away from the phones and Emails.

It's a curse and a blessing these devices. The coolest part was 78 text messages when I got back.

Nothing like Big FIN has to deal with but overwhelming none-the-less

Lots of dead critters and such. 350+ emails but those can get deleted pretty fast.

Below picture sums up the trip though.

20200921_094418.jpg

We leave Wed (tomorrow) to go for opener of an Elk tag my boy parker drew. If it pans out
IDBugler will join us for a Thursday morning hunt and then we are all 3 going to go up and
check on a goat we saw last month to see if it's still around.

Expect some awesome pictures soon. It's about to go down !!!!

Attachments

• 20200922_072240.jpg
    20200922_072240.jpg
    759.6 KB · Views: 7
Having a hard time keeping up on life I remember the simpler days... IDB came up with us opening 2 days. The 2nd day and 3rd day my buddy Neil was up with us too. My boys trip was unsuccessful but we got into Bulls every day. 3 6 points, a Raghorn and about 5 spikes. My boy could have shot 3 of the spikes but passed hoping to close the deal on a bigger one.

Although it didn't work out for us. I ran into a great friend (Who happens to be wearing #CRCamo) and heard the shots that took down this bull. Couple hours later we were glassing a canyon in his location and saw the carcus. We put on some packs, Hiked in and helped pack out this great elk. I didn't just help him because he wears our camo, I feel I have to drop that disclaimer *SMILE*

Sometimes you pack your elk out, Sometimes someone else. Either way the hunt was a great success and looking forward to the next outing.

On the goat hunt, IDB took off day 2 of my boys hunt to chase goats. He spotted several but a fire got started and he had to bail late last night. More info real soon.

Shawn.jpg

Shawn1.jpg

Quick update: IDB had a fire in his area after 5 days of hunting and had to evacuate for safety. He came home, relocated to another spot he knows a great goat is in and just texted me with his In-Reach satellite texting. He had a close encounter with Wolves and fire and has a lot of pictures and video but the tag time is running short.

I'm on Speed dial if he finds a goat and needs a rifle to head to the hills. He went in once again with only bow in hand. Unfortunately I have work to do and limited vacation. We will update you real soon.

Till then... here is a picture of something you should NEVER do. Quit judging me :

1.jpg

2.jpg

HAHA. I will post pictures today..... 100% !!!

Problem is you get a little behind and want to start from the beginning but you are so busy hunting you can't catch up.

...that said, I will say IDB is sitting right now over 4 Goats he spotted last night and slept on. 2 have bedded. 2 more are still feeding.

When the 2nd 2 bed, he's going after the one with his bow.

He doesn't have a gun with him but if it doesn't pan out today or tomorrow I'll drive up, snag is rufle out of his truck, and hike it into him.

LET's GOOOOoooooooo !!!!!!!!!

Is there a mountain goat in here somewhere? :)

So, this is my Old, 10 years ago, cocky self coming out. The kind that was warned on page 1..... warned, and/or "hoped for" by many. Grab da' popcorn. ;)

Page 4 Top posts.png

This thread already has 8k+ views. Top 4 pages if sorted by views. And today, was the first Goat picture posted. We will blow past 10k views by the end of next week counting the Wyoming deer hunt and after at the end of the month we will be one of the top threads in the Live hunts.

So yah, had we posted goat pics early on, B-Fin's server couldn't handle the traffic. So we were just looking out for the well being of the site. Spreading pictures out over a few weeks, and that's why we hadn't been posting goat pics till now.

They should change my name to "Traffic King". Like the Tiger King, only I'm married to a smoking hot wife and I have a lap dog, not a tiger.

.....All that, Or we are huge slackers and apologies for not being on top or it. Your decision on what you wanna believe.

Bear with us this week and we will be posting a pile of pictures and videos soon and next week. In all honesty, IDB has some Bad A' pictures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back