Caribou Gear

Idaho Wild Sheep Banquet

brymoore

The Idaho Wild Sheep Foundation Banquet is coming up this Saturday on February 18 in Boise at the Riverside Hotel.

Why should you attend?

- Great food – including Prime Rib.
- Two free drink tickets with each registration
- Great hunts being auctioned – BC Mountain Goat Hunt, BC Moose hunt, Coues deer, Cougar, Oryx, NZ Tahr and much more.
- Great guns will be auctioned or raffled including a custom Pre-64 Model 70 in .270 Win valued at over $7,500.
- Great stories. If you want to talk sheep, this is the place to do it.

Why should you really attend? To keep sheep on the mountain. Wild sheep in Idaho are in a perilous state. Money raised at this event is used to pay for wild sheep research by Dr. Sri, buy grazing allotments and to buy critical sheep habitat.

http://www.idahowildsheep.org/banquet_2012.htm

Wish I had known sooner. Yesterday I made plans I can't get out of for this weekend.

If the tags were raffled instead of auctioned I would be there in a heartbeat. Unfortunately there is no way I'm gonna compete with the big boys for auction tags so I'm out. Auction= average joes need not attend.

This is Idaho, not many big boys around. I can guarantee you that every big game hunt will go for less than if it were purchased from the outfitter.

This is Idaho, not many big boys around. I can guarantee you that every big game hunt will go for less than if it were purchased from the outfitter.
That's still probably gonna be more than I can bid. There is a big difference between the guy who can spend 50 or 100 dollars on raffle tickets and the guy who can bid thousands on a hunt. I'm just saying that's what I use to decide what events I attend. Do they disclose the amount the tags went for last year?

That's still probably gonna be more than I can bid. There is a big difference between the guy who can spend 50 or 100 dollars on raffle tickets and the guy who can bid thousands on a hunt. I'm just saying that's what I use to decide what events I attend. Do they disclose the amount the tags went for last year?

I understand. If they have the same tags, yes they could if asked.

You actually have a good idea. I'll talk with them about raffling a hunt next year. Sheep, goat or moose?

I understand. If they have the same tags, yes they could if asked.

You actually have a good idea. I'll talk with them about raffling a hunt next year. Sheep, goat or moose?
Sheep or goat would be awesome. I hope it goes well this weekend let us know what's up next year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hardan9
Back