524.5 KB · Views: 78
  • 727ED25F-2577-45BA-87EB-48826B8B626D.jpeg
    727ED25F-2577-45BA-87EB-48826B8B626D.jpeg
    483 KB · Views: 81
  • DF409981-A030-4AC8-B9A6-74BE03F10C2D.jpeg
    DF409981-A030-4AC8-B9A6-74BE03F10C2D.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Thanks for posting this great cause and this yrs been so crazy with this virus I didnt get my Idaho tag so who knows maybe lady luck will be on my side
even the lynx hunt would be fun I do a lot of pred hunting here in Pa but we dont have lynx

No lynx season in Idaho - Saw one once in unit 12. Watched him for a couple of minutes at 100 yards or so. They are not sited often.

Thanks for posting this great cause and this yrs been so crazy with this virus I didnt get my Idaho tag so who knows maybe lady luck will be on my side
even the lynx hunt would be fun I do a lot of pred hunting here in Pa but we dont have lynx
Well we have 4 options to try your luck at!

They lost me when they stared pushing for more auction tags and the Utah model.
They literally ran their own treasurer out of the organization for saying that IDWSF didn't need more auction tags. I sat in that meeting in complete disbelief. Idwsf doesn't give two shits about the sportsman of Idaho they want tags, money and power.
Its 13 pages but the end is quite telling.

Wild-Sheep-Foundation-for-Idaho-political-strong-arming&highlight=Steve+bair https://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/showthread.php?272682-Idaho-Fee-Increase-Proposal&highlight=Steve+bair...

Is that the same Aaron Neilson who operates Global Hunting Resources?

Yes, he’s also done well on Idaho super rags if I remember correctly. I’m guessing he’s spending a bunch on these every year and writing them off

They lost me when they stared pushing for more auction tags and the Utah model.
They literally ran their own treasurer out of the organization for saying that IDWSF didn't need more auction tags. I sat in that meeting in complete disbelief. Idwsf doesn't give two shits about the sportsman of Idaho they want tags, money and power.
Its 13 pages but the end is quite telling.

Wild-Sheep-Foundation-for-Idaho-political-strong-arming&highlight=Steve+bair https://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/showthread.php?272682-Idaho-Fee-Increase-Proposal&highlight=Steve+bair...

That stained my attention span a bit. Thanks for the link.

This sadly fuels my hesitation to give money to organizations. I had been leery of MDF, as their address is in SLC. This tears it for me. It's Muley Fanatic time.
I'm not a guy that will ever be able to buy an auction tag,but I do buy lottery and Super Tag tickets. I've been as successful there as the few times I've bought MegaMillions or PowerBall tickets. ZIP!
How naive of me to think there were not those with the capital to pack the lotteries as well. How galling to think that its not enough for the fat cats to push auction tags, they have to flood the "little peoples' " lottery hunts as well.

I'm still thankful for work done in good conscience by the HTers and Idahoans who are trying to put sheep on the mountain. Like @brymoore, there can be good, honest men sincerely working for the species, even in corrupted NGOs.

When my dad was 14. (he's 86 now), he and his buddies would ride from their ranches in to the little town of Raymond, California each Sunday and race each other on their Quarter Horses. Their track was the old abandoned railway berm through the middle of town. They had fun. Soon folks started coming out to watch. Folks started betting. A starting gate was built, and some grandstands. Long story short. Pop quit after the betting got bigger and bigger, horses got sabotaged, and riders threatened.

The moral being that any innocent thing, or even positive thing, becomes a target for exploitation. Sadly, there will always be some SOB with a wad of cash to push his own goals. God help anyone who calls him out on it.

Some here have heard me rant about the Utah influence over every aspect of Idaho politics. It's even true here in the north, which I certainly cannot understand. I absolutely hate it.

If you come to me asking to help put more animals on the mountain, or fight for public lands, I will shake your hand. If you come to me with a @#)(#-and-bull tale about how Idaho needs to be more like Utah, count me out. I'll be done with you, and I will have no issue using works you'll understand. They say Lewiston stinks because its the lowest point in the state and shit runs downhill. They are wrong, that place is obviously Boise.

Congrats on a good event @kimbersig

Thanks! It was a great to see the support for Idaho’s lottery tag which raises money for research for all species in Idaho! The lottery tag generated more money this year for wildlife than ever and also surpassed records that other states have set with their lottery tags. Hopefully they can do some really good things for wildlife with that money we raised. Thanks Hunt talkers for your support!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back