MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Idaho Unit 49 rifle

Young Buck

Howdy, I drew the late rifle tag Oct 15-31 for 2020. Anybody out there have any experience with this tag? Much appreciated!

Good tag. I live in unit 49 and have archery hunted it a few seasons. Got in to them, no kills. Lots of elk.

Good tag. I live in unit 49 and have archery hunted it a few seasons. Got in to them, no kills. Lots of elk.
I am in the same boat with archery but for 48. From what I understand there are lots of elk. Will be fun to hunt with a rifle but with a bow hunters mindset.

Had the same tag this. took 9 days of hunting to get one down after a few failed encounters. no shortage of elk in the unit. Opening weekend bulls were still with cows in groups from 10-60 head. By the last week of october most bulls were alone or with other bulls. The elk seemed to have a 2-3 day rotation and would frequent the same areas every few days but never consecutive days. They never stayed in one place very long and constatly on the move. Didnt see any massive bulls but 300 bulls were not uncommon.

Back