Yeti

Idaho Spring Bear Hunt

Brock A

Well I figured Id better post up a story from my last hunt that I was able to notch a tag on.

Idaho Spring Bear

We had already been over to Idaho once in April and didn't come home with any bears. We decided we could swing a long weekend on memorial day so we loaded up the truck and headed back. We went into a new area that we had never been to before. So this was a scouting/hunting trip.

The drive was long but worth it.

DSC00802.jpg

We pulled off somewhere in woods of Idaho and slept a few hours in the truck on Friday night. We woke up Saturday and drove to a spot that we were told would be good. A quick walk down a logging road and we were moving on to plan B.

Rokslide #7 - resize.jpg

The second area proved to be what we were after. We started glassing a very promising looking hillside.

DSC00831.jpg

Last edited:

Brock A

We spotted 1 bear in the middle of the day but he never gave us a good shot. About 6:30 P.M. we had a bear feed into an opening at 665 yards. After watching it for awhile I told Justin I am going to shoot it. I got behind his rifle while he took a range. I dialed for 10 MOA and waited for him to give me the OK that he was on the bear with the spotter. I put the crosshairs behind the shoulder and squeezed. All I saw was a spray of dirt behind the bear and I thought I missed until Justin said "killed it". We reviewed the footage and agreed it was a perfect shot. We got over to where it was standing and the scene proved us to be correct.

Rokslide #9.jpg

Rokslide #2 - resize.jpg

Last edited:

Brock A

We took some photos and skinned it out and loaded up the packs for the hike back to the truck.

Rokslide #1 - Resize.jpg

Rokslide #10 - resize.jpg

Rokslide #13 - resize.jpg

Last edited:

Brock A

We got the Sawtooth set up and got a good nights rest after a long day of hunting.

Rokslide #6 - resize.jpg

Rokslide #8 - resize.jpg

Rokslide #4 - resize.jpg

Rokslide #5 - resize.jpg

We were never able to find another bear for Justin to shoot but we had a great time and we will be back next spring. After getting the hide sealed in town we made the drive home.

Last edited: