Idaho Sage Grouse

The males have been in full strut since the 14th around here. Crazy how warm the last 4 weeks have been. I just hope the right move is made whatever it may be.

It is only 33 pages, so I will try to look close tonight. I did see the livestock grazing non-issue language. I think they should take another look at the COT Report from '14. Someone should also look up the defn of "regulatory mechanism".;)

Idaho is blessed with a much smaller piece of ground with sage grouse than WY or MT. How would you say ID's plan stacks up to WY's?
Haven't read WY's in depth. Link? I'd hazard a guess that the plans would be a bit different in large part due to differences in issues. ID doesn't have the O/G to worry about like WY, but WY probably has less to worry about from cheatgrass...

Note, the plan talked about in the OP is only for state trust lands. The state, as a whole, has another plan.

While the historic range might be much smaller, the priority areas for conservation from USFWS look quite significant to me. Certainly with their connectedness with PACs in neighboring states.
http://www.fws.gov/greatersagegrouse/maps/priorityAreasForConservation.pdf

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back