PEAX Equipment

Idaho REVERSES draw results

They owe you a refund on the license you purchased to apply. It is the least they can do for that bonehead move.

This is what happens when government prioritizes price too highly for computer systems. Whenever we lose a deal based on price to an unknown bidder, I tell my team, “They’ll be back out to bid in two years and we’ll win it”. And we do.

This is what happens when government prioritizes price too highly for computer systems. Whenever we lose a deal based on price to an unknown bidder, I tell my team, “They’ll be back out to bid in two years and we’ll win it”. And we do.
Isn’t Idaho using the Nevada licensing system used by Utah and Nevada too?

Guess I’m an outlier. I don’t think they are owed anything other than an apology.
I agree. Incompetence in this case by a trusted party does not guarantee rewards to another. Idaho incompetence was put under a spotlight by this screw-up. Is not fair Idaho did not know how to export results into a spreadsheet an 8th grader could then test using Excel. Is not fair Idaho issued false information. Is also not fair to take tags out of a future draw as that creates another injured party. There are only so many sheep on the mountain. There is no limit to idiots involved in the draw design and testing infrastructure.

That would be a let-down. I would think a refund of all license and application fees would be necessary. I’d also think they should pay for any fees associated with canceling arrangements already made which can be proven they were made after the initial notification and not after a certain amount of time after the second notification (making some assumption that they may not have seen the second notification right away).

I felt a twinge of sympathy, but it passed pretty quickly after seeing the HF whine.

That would be a let-down. I would think a refund of all license and application fees would be necessary. I’d also think they should pay for any fees associated with canceling arrangements already made which can be proven they were made after the initial notification and not after a certain amount of time after the second notification (making some assumption that they may not have seen the second notification right away).
Yeah, it would be a huge let-down and I don't know how feasible it would be for game and fish to cover your other expenses, but it was my first thought, too. I often buy plane tickets, etc. very soon after confirmation that I drew a tag. In the end, the resource comes first, so I'm glad they didn't issue extra tags.

Talk about not being able to put yourself in someone else’s shoes. A sheep tag is something most hunters dream of and to tell someone they drew one have them make plans and then send them an email a week later saying we f’ed up deal with it... not cool at all.
I agree!

Some errors are unacceptable. This is certainly one of those. The elation and then the let down! Feel for ya!!

I agree. Incompetence in this case by a trusted party does not guarantee rewards to another. Idaho incompetence was put under a spotlight by this screw-up. Is not fair Idaho did not know how to export results into a spreadsheet an 8th grader could then test using Excel. Is not fair Idaho issued false information. Is also not fair to take tags out of a future draw as that creates another injured party. There are only so many sheep on the mountain. There is no limit to idiots involved in the draw design and testing infrastructure.
This is very true

If he was not actually drawn, then he isn’t owed a sheep tag next year. How is that hard too figure out?

Back