Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Idaho Results Out?

I just hiked up the Hyalite divide. Don't have enough coverage to look at the regs. One of my crew sent me a text that he drew elk hunt #2025.

When planning our apps and calendars, I told him to apply for a really hard December hunt, as our calendar the rest the year is a mess.

Either he really lucked out if he followed my unit instructions or he messed up his app and applied for a cow tag.

What is hunt code 2025?

I just hiked up the Hyalite divide. Don't have enough coverage to look at the regs. One of my crew sent me a text that he drew elk hunt #2025.

When planning our apps and calendars, I told him to apply for a really hard December hunt, as our calendar the rest the year is a mess.

Either he really lucked out if he followed my unit instructions or he messed up his app and applied for a cow tag.

What is hunt code 2025?

46-2 December 1-31st. Antlered.
He took my tag.

Edit - Unit 46 is SW of Twin Falls. I’m not sure about the recent NR draw odds, but a few years ago it was probably a <1% chance for a NR. He did very well. Should be lots of fun.

Last edited:

What is hunt code 2025?
Thats a great hunt! My muzzleloader hunt is part of that unit and another one as well. Find the creek bottoms and glass, glass, glass. Itll be cold and snow covered. I hunt that unit frequently for deer/pronghorn. Here are some pictures from the unit. Feel free to pm me with any questions.

Attachments

• 20191013_100831.jpg
    20191013_100831.jpg
    7.4 MB · Views: 21
  • 20191012_190404.jpg
    20191012_190404.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 23
  • 20191012_173711.jpg
    20191012_173711.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 27
  • 20191012_131438.jpg
    20191012_131438.jpg
    8.2 MB · Views: 21
  • 20191013_093719.jpg
    20191013_093719.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 20
  • 20191012_091751.jpg
    20191012_091751.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 19
Thats a great hunt! My muzzleloader hunt is part of that unit and another one as well. Find the creek bottoms and glass, glass, glass. Itll be cold and snow covered. I hunt that unit frequently for deer/pronghorn. Here are some pictures from the unit. Feel free to pm me with any questions.
I put in for that muzzy hunt as well, no dice for me! Good luck!

What is hunt code 2025?
That will be a good hunt Randy. I'm excited to see you guys hunt Idaho this year. Both this hunt and your OTC hunt.

My neighbor had this 2025 hunt last year and he got into a lot of nice bulls and a ton of elk. Good luck.

Me and my boys all were unsuccessful in our elk draw results, so we will be doing over the counter elk in Idaho this year.

After years of not drawing or hunting ID, this year I bought an OTC archery elk tag. Then today Michael draws the elk tag and Marcus draws the single non-resident archery deer tag for his unit. This after me/us getting skunked in ID for decades.

We've received comments summarized ass, "What you have against Idaho, we never see you here?"

Now it will be more of, "Would you get your butts out of Idaho, we've seen more of you than we want."

After years of not drawing or hunting ID, this year I bought an OTC archery elk tag. Then today Michael draws the elk tag and Marcus draws the single non-resident archery deer tag for his unit. This after me/us getting skunked in ID for decades.

We've received comments summarized ass, "What you have against Idaho, we never see you here?"

Now it will be more of, "Would you get your butts out of Idaho, we've seen more of you than we want."

Just probably the single greatest bull tag in Idaho, that will be a hell of a hunt. Keep the wide angles to those blue chips
and not your OTC unit! Will be an awesome fall for the Fresh Tracks crew, can't wait to watch.

Struck out on Idaho elk this year. We didn't have great odds for the draw we put in for and planned to buy an otc tag immediately after the draw. Maybe next year. Looks like I'll be hunting Colorado OTC this year, which I feel is still a privilege.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohiochuck
Back