Idaho Moose

Steamer

Here are the pictures of my friend's moose. He was hunting in the Island Park area of eastern Idaho. He shot the moose with a longbow he made himself. The moose was taken at 10 yards. The spread was 42" which may not be huge but not bad for Idaho.

IvanMoose1.jpg

IvanMoose2.jpg

IvanMoose3.jpg

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 10-11-2002 13:08: Message edited by: Steamer ]</font>

Big ain't the word for it Steamer. :rolleyes: It is HUGE! :D ;)
No wonder everybody isn't replying :eek:
It okay . As long as you can post pics now that is all that matters.

Great looking Moose.
:cool: What kind of wood did he use to make his longbow? How did he hunt for the Moose? ;)

Sorry about that. The resizing looks a lot better. :D :D

I guess that is what happens when someone like me tries something new on the computer. :eek:

Nut, the wood Ivan used was bubinga for the riser, in the limbs his used zebra wood with a bamboo core. He was able to call the bull in. His hunting partner called by using his mouth and no special calls. They were able to call in 4 bulls. This one was the one that came in the closest and from what I understand a little attitude.

Nice Moose ! I kind off got Moose on my mind also. I hope its not to far down the road. Bill

Holy Moly the guy used a bow he made himself? Boy I am telling you there are some real men on this board! Five kinds of impressed with that, really!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

Great picture's.
Way to go !!!
:cool: :cool:
After being up close to some moose this year,Im not sure I would have what it take's to shoot one with my bow ;) ;)

Hopefully it will be my turn next year. During the winter me and my hunting partner will start building bows. We are going try our hand at selfbows. Then we are putting in for moose. Maybe we can have the same results.

Any legal moose in the lower 48 is a good one, hard to draw them tags for sure.
Congrats.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back