Yeti GOBOX Collection

Idaho Moose

I didn't catch that you had done this with a self bow!!!Major congrats...You guy's are building some more...Would you like to try some pacific yew...If so. I know some one that might be able to find some for a trade for a bow for himself..If interested!!e-mail me..... :D :D :D

I'm not big fan of long bows but it would be pretty cool to kill something with a home made bow. Therefore, I liked this story and can really respect that. Nice job.

PS I once killed a duck with a rock I found. How about them apples!

ELKCHSR....That is not me in the pic. That would be a friend of mine. He made the bow and killed the moose. The bow he made was a laminated wood bow. But I am thinking of trying a selfbow. I have thought of using yew. This would be my first bow when I get started. I'll have to see how good of a job I do first before I try building one for someone else. I would feel bad if I tried now and they didn't like it. I'll let you know about the yew. Thanks

Steamer!!!
You have a very good wood where you live...There is a guy I know that lives down there. He built one out of juniper...It looked almost like some thing a kid would have built, but had a sixty five pound pull and when I drew it back, it was very strong. You may try some of this. Also Glen StCharles wrote a book on making bows, it is a very informative book on this subject... :D

Oh yea......Juniper is very good wood. I have considered it but haven't decided as of yet. That would be cool to cut the tree for the wood to build a bow with. I have the Bowyer's Bible and Glenn St. Charles' book is in the mail. Thanks.....when I finish the bow I will post some pics. Can't wait to get started. The only delay iks hunting season so may not get started unitl December or January.

That should be ok. You should get your piece of wood and let it season a bit before you go playing with it any way... :D

I think the poor old Moose must have been blind and was chasing Ivan by smell when he tripped and fell on one of Ivan's arrows! HA HA Way to go dude! Can't wait to come see ya soon and pick up my Antelpoe mount. Barry

Steamer, is this the same guy?
Ron
moose.jpg

Sure is. I haven't seen that picture. Must be one that his hunting partner kept. You can't miss that silly look on his face or the ball cap from Jim's Lumber. :D :D :D

I took this picture my self. I was working the checking station in Mt home. I checked a lot of nice deer that weekend.
Ron

If you guys think this is a good Moose hunting story, ask Ivan about the year he shot 2 Moose with his sling-shot!! True story. I was there and watched the whole thing!! Barry

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back