Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Idaho living?

What?!!! The Balcony was your hidey hole!!! Does Richard and Al still own it?

10th Street Station pours a better drink for less (but no entertainment like the Balcony). Revolving craft beers now on tap.

Like this^
All of my refreshments are free at the Balcony.

Another treasure valley resident that's never been to the balcony. I'd rather be in a swamp.

I live between Moscow and Lewiston. Moscow is one of the most liberal and weird towns around. Lewiston is awesome if you enjoy the outdoors. Summers can suck down there in the heat, but winters are quite mild. You have deer, elk and upland birds out the back door, and some of the best fishing you will find. My 2 cents, and I'm probably pretty partial to the area since I live here.

The fact elkmagnet knows this place exists makes you wonder... Thankfully I didn't call up a bud and ask him to meet there for a beer :eek:

So I did google it and all I could think of was why Fowladdict had his special Mt Goat stalking shoes on?

Who can make it to the Balcony this Friday night in camo? Just guessing it would be the party of parties.

I'm going elk hunting this weekend. But I definitely think it would be cool to get a bunch of the TV area hunttalkers together for a cold one.

There are some great choices there for some good living. It really depends if you want to have a social life and find a gal. The pool for available women would really shrink in some of the areas listed. Some of those areas listed I've heard that the beauty of the women is rated on the tooth to tatoo ratio.

Boise valley has changed a lot in the last 10 years, I go back and visit and it's too big for my tastes now. Twin is good. I.F. north to St Agony would be good.

Having grown up in SE Idaho, the only thing I didn't care for was the damn wind during the winter. Could handle the cold, but the wind, not so much.

I went back to reading the responses and saw that I missed a few questions that would help.

I am extremely spoiled when it comes to hunting and fishing. I can be duck hunting within 15 minutes of home (though not a very good spot until late season). Upland birds access is tough here so mostly I'm 30-45 minutes to ok block mgmt. I can be deer & elk hunting within 30 minutes (an hr to the Breaks) so this is why I am really interested in the opportunity to hear from the locals in the know.

I will hunt just about anything that I can with the exception of coots. I hunt birds equally as big game but do not own a dog as my current work requires traveling too frequently to do a good dog justice. I will fish for just about anything with just about anything (worms, lures, flies, arrows) just as long as I catch something. I am even equipped for ice fishing. I do not own a boat but am open to purchasing one in the future.
I am not religious...though I accept the idea (even the existence) of God but not one who requires organized attendance.
I already live 120 miles to the nearest Walmart & Home Depot so I am used to having to drive to get stuff.

After growing up in Seattle, I have lived in SE Idaho the past 20 years. As far as religion and social life, I don't have much input since I am married and LDS. From a strictly hunting stand point, this place is pretty hard to beat. From the small community I live in near Rexburg/Idaho Falls, in 0 to 30 minutes you can be hunting ( assuming you have the tags ) muleys, whitetails, elk, moose,bear, mtn lion, turkey, antelope, pheasants, ducks and geese. Add another 30 to 60 minutes and you can chase bighorn sheep, mtn goat and wolf. Within an hour and a half, you have varied opportunities to hunt game in varied habitats. Fishing is also hard to beat. For flat water you have Henrys Lake, Hebgen, Island Park res and Palisades. Like to fish rivers? Henrys Fork and South Fork of the Snake, the main Snake and all the tributaries. Not too bad a drive to get up to the Salmon and pull out some steelhead. Plenty of small high altitude lakes as well. If you like to put in for the draws in other states, great areas in Montana and Wyoming are very close. Winters are a little harsh sometimes, but thats what snow machines and trips to Vegas and Mexico are for. I think I am here for good.

Thanks for the input so far. I really like what is said so far. A friend that lived in ID for a while before coming back to MT said Bonners Ferry is his choice.

Yup 31 (as of Friday) and single. I live in Lewistown, MT so my friends think I should move to Lewiston...that would be funny. My business is mostly livestock (private land).

Knowing Idaho quite well, (46 years and counting) you will be hard pressed to improve upon where you are at right now for hunting and fishing. The only thing you don't have is salmon and steelhead fishing and that is mostly a time consuming activity with little reward. 12-15 hours per fish average is considered quite good and many times it is much slower. Heck, if you want to fish for them, drive over the hill for the weekend.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back