Idaho living?

Well boys I opted to apply for the Northern Idaho position on the 11th hour. I'm going to be honest, I'm not sure I want to leave MT right now. My experience with that type of rangeland (mountainous and/or forested) is pretty limited and a little out of my comfort level.

Good luck to you. You are young enough to be able to press your confidence level a little. Keeps things interesting and you just never know.... Keep us posted on the results.

There is a lot to consider.

Moscow is a small college town (with great pheasant hunting), Coeur d'Alene is a rich mans town, and others are working towns or conservative religious towns

I think Sandpoint is one of the best communities in Idaho. Relatively small, but not tiny, and with lots of public land. With that said, I prefer the landscape north of Idaho Falls over the thick forests of the panhandle. Too bad you can't move to Salmon.

I don't want to pick winners or losers, but I prefer the culture of ranching or logging towns over the farming towns.

Don't know how old you are, but I suggest Coeur d'Alene or Moscow if you want to meet a girl. The hunting will be pretty good, but varied, in all of the areas you described.

Send me a PM if you want to discuss more. I travel all over the Gem State and went to college there.

Looks like Idaho doesn't want me...I received an email this afternoon indicating I was not chosen. They didn't even check my references. :rolleyes:

The Big Sky state remains my home :cool:

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. When it is right it'll work out.

all cities/towns in idaho are close to hunting / fishing so i wouldnt so much pick off of that.

I would stay away from the real small towns that you listed, there just isnt anything there except hunting and fishing. even the bigger cities you mention arent that big.

personally i would pick by city amenities, weather things like that. the hunting is there.

edit:: just say you didnt get the transfer. sorry.,

Back