Idaho Help

DavidKeenan

I plan on going to Idaho this year. I've never hunted there. looking at 20a,26 the reason is either sex,and combo. Thats what im seeing as far as maps and regs. Is this a good area or is there better areas i haven't found? I'm not sure yet if anyone will be with me, so of anyone wants to share a area and camp that will be fine also. I just need to get settled on a area and really dig deep before I go. Any info will be appreciated.

1 Elk either sex
2 Deer either sex
3 Away from some of the crowds
4 Meat and if trophy presensts itself
5 Camping either site, or backpacking
6 Access

I uderstand no one likes to give up a honey hole and don't expect it. You can post here or send me pm's Thanks

You should be able to get away from the crowds, there is not much access compared to many of the other zones. Take good boots and plan on packing everything in and out on your back and it should be a good hunt. I may go for the other tag in that zone this year I haven't decided yet. For deer it is either sex on the whitetail tag only if you go muley its antlered only.

Last edited:
Tanks 6speed Is that a good zone? For what I'm looking for. I didn't see to many either sex zones i'm putting that first as far as priorty. What other zones would someone recomend for either sex on a combo.

I wouldn't make any sure plans just yet then. This is from the IDF&G web site for agenda items for their next meeting where they will set the regs. "Eliminate antlerless elk from Middle Fork A tag hunt." They will be taking public comment on the issue for the next couple of weeks but usually if they list it on the agenda it's a done deal unless there is a huge push against it, even then it still happens sometimes.

Look at the panhandle zone if either sex is a big requirement for you. I am assuming you are rifle hunting. The "B" tag gives you an any elk rifle hunt from Oct15-17 (last year anyways). You could always plan your hunt around those dates and bull hunt on either side of them. Really not many options for OTC either sex rifle hunting. That zone will also give you some really good whitetail hunting and some chance at a muley.

Look at the panhandle zone if either sex is a big requirement for you. I am assuming you are rifle hunting. The "B" tag gives you an any elk rifle hunt from Oct15-17 (last year anyways). You could always plan your hunt around those dates and bull hunt on either side of them. Really not many options for OTC either sex rifle hunting. That zone will also give you some really good whitetail hunting and some chance at a muley.

Thanks ill look around there. Its not a huge requirment but I do like the idea of bringing home meat. Who doesnt want the big guy, I use it as a added bonus. To me the hunt and great time is just as important. Yes ill be riffle hunting. Thats the time frame i was thinking of anyway. I can go at anytime, so when they set dates I may try that.

Keep em coming guys Thanks:):)

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cwdrx
Back