Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Chicago Basin Colorado fishing help

MITCHMO

I have never done much hiking in Colorado but I’m headed out there late July. There’s several 14ers there just north of Durango and we are going to spend a few nights there around needle creek. I took a look at the Colorado fish atlas and it doesn’t show anything in the area. I’m curious if anyone here has ever wet a line around there? I have a packable spinning rod I’d like to take with me and catch a dinner or two. Feel free to PM if I’m treading on anyone’s fishing hole.

Always good to pack a light weight fishing rod. Not familiar with the bioligist down there, but the biologist in my region says if the conditions are right they routinely stock unnamed lakes when doing aireal stocking. Pretty easy to tell when you get near the lakes as the fish will be cruising or surfacing in the clear pristine waters.

Pack the rod, you won't be sorry.

Always good to pack a light weight fishing rod. Not familiar with the bioligist down there, but the biologist in my region says if the conditions are right they routinely stock unnamed lakes when doing aireal stocking. Pretty easy to tell when you get near the lakes as the fish will be cruising or surfacing in the clear pristine waters.

Pack the rod, you won't be sorry.
Would you recommend anything other than some spinners? The one and only time I fished Colorado, I used some black and yellow panther martins behind our hotel and did pretty well.

Can't ever go wrong with a b/y panther. Wolly bugger and a bubble. If there are fish in the lake, you will do just fine.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back