Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

2023 Colorado deer information

Western Traveler1

I am 75 and will be a month shy of 76 this season.
I have been burning my points as quickly as I can in numerous states. I’ve had some fun hunts in multiple states over the years but I know it’s coming to an end. As bitter a taste it is I‘ve been blessed.

I abandoned a lot of points in Utah and Nevada this year due to the reality of my chances to draw (Still building in Arizona just because).
I will still get to hunt at home each year.

I drew 21 2nd season. It was the one tag I felt I could draw (70% with 8 point’s which I had).

The phone at Colorado, Parks and Wildlife Meeker office has been out. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I hunted 3rd in unit 22 a number of years ago, as it was turning downhill. Fun hunt, a lot of roads and ATV’s.

I can see that Hwy 139 splits the unit. I would prefer to get lodging in town but can use my Teardrop in the Unit if Rangely is impractical a distance.

How are the roads in there when wet? 22 was grease the moment it got wet. Like sliding on ice.

There were a lot of well pads and roads in 22. Is 21 similar? (Water trucks coming around corners with little room to move was fun).

Fish and Wildlife in Meeker had a map designed for Colorado showing ownership etc that was a great addition to OnX but I gave it to a friend and don’t remember the name of it.

Any general information would be appreciated. Their phones will be repaired at some point.

(Oh, nearly forgot, first time poster, but been lurking for years, I’m not looking for your honey hole…etc)

Last edited:
I am 75 and will be a month shy of 76 this season.
I have been burning my points as quickly as I can in numerous states. I’ve had some fun hunts in multiple states over the years but I know it’s coming to an end. As bitter a taste it is I‘ve been blessed.

I abandoned a lot of points in Utah and Nevada this year due to the reality of my chances to draw (Still building in Arizona just because).
I will still get to hunt at home each year.

I drew 21 2nd season. It was the one tag I felt I could draw (70% with 8 point’s which I had).

The phone at Colorado, Parks and Wildlife Meeker office has been out. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I hunted 3rd in unit 22 a number of years ago, as it was turning downhill. Fun hunt, a lot of roads and ATV’s.

I can see that Hwy 139 splits the unit. I would prefer to get lodging in town but can use my Teardrop in the Unit if Rangely is impractical a distance.

How are the roads in there when wet? 22 was grease the moment it got wet. Like sliding on ice.

There were a lot of well pads and roads in 22. Is 21 similar? (Water trucks coming around corners with little room to move was fun).

Fish and Wildlife in Meeker had a map designed for Colorado showing ownership etc that was a great addition to OnX but I gave it to a friend and don’t remember the name of it.

Any general information would be appreciated. Their phones will be repaired at some point.

(Oh, nearly forgot, first time poster, but been lurking for years, I’m not looking for your homey hole…etc)
Just a quick glance at aerials 21 looks identical to 22 well pads altitude vegetation etc, I'd lean on what you learned in 22 and plan on a similar time in 21. I've spent some time 4 wheeling around junction and know what you mean about the roads!

My FIL is similar age to yourself he's been a lifetime die hard surffisherman on the east coast. Like you his surf fishing years are sunsetting but it's been fun getting out with him lately and seeing that joy in his eyes and voice as the line gets tight as if he was 35 again.

GOOD LUCK SIR

Just a quick glance at aerials 21 looks identical to 22 well pads altitude vegetation etc, I'd lean on what you learned in 22 and plan on a similar time in 21. I've spent some time 4 wheeling around junction and know what you mean about the roads!

My FIL is similar age to yourself he's been a lifetime die hard surffisherman on the east coast. Like you his surf fishing years are sunsetting but it's been fun getting out with him lately and seeing that joy in his eyes and voice as the line gets tight as if he was 35 again.

GOOD LUCK SIR
Thanks for that. I did see the well pads but wasn’t sure if they are still as active as in the past.
yes, I still light up but actually pulling the trigger isn’t as important as it once was, but I do want the opportunity.

Keep calling the CPW office in Meeker. The bio is a good guy who spent an hour with me on the phone a few years back before a deer hunt south of Craig, but it took alot of calls to get through to him. I’ve had best luck calling late on Friday afternoons.

Keep calling the CPW office in Meeker. The bio is a good guy who spent an hour with me on the phone a few years back before a deer hunt south of Craig, but it took alot of calls to get through to him. I’ve had best luck calling late on Friday afternoons.
Thanks, It was Friday that I called Denver office wondering why I couldn’t get through…lol
I will keep trying. Just anxious to start gathering more information. I try to have a list of meaningful questions written down when reaching the biologist. Seems to help a lot.

Hi All,
I live in Montana and my wife just said i should go on an extra trip this year. Does anyone know of a Colorado Unit 52 second season landowner tag for sale?
Thanks!
Rob

Hi All,
I live in Montana and my wife just said i should go on an extra trip this year. Does anyone know of a Colorado Unit 52 second season landowner tag for sale?
Thanks!
Rob
There is one on huntinfool for $1200

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back