Idaho Fish & Game Meeting

In many cases I think the outlaws out number the legitimate users, but making it illegal will only affect the legitimate users.

Then I guess the legitimate users better get busy.

In the mean time, I aint going to sit back and watch the woods suffer.

Legitmate users have been busy. I've reported violator, my freinds have reported violators. What have you done, other then bitch?

Ten, Did you miss this topic?

http://www.huntandlodge.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=31&t=001294

Buzz is showing you how to REALLY have an impact.

"The comment period on the Revised Forest plan on the Medicine Bow-Routte NF is currently open through mid-April.

If you want to comment now's the time. Here is the link: http://www.fs.fed.us/outernet/mrnf/resourcemgmt/mbrevision/involved.shtml

Anyway, heres my comments.

Concerning the current Forest Plan Revision for the Medicine Bow National Forest, I support an amended version of Alternative D.

The amendments I would strongly encourage the Medicine Bow National Forest to consider, in alternative D, is to add 31 roadless areas, as defined under RARE II to wilderness status to ensure the character of the Medicine Bow National Forest. I would also encourage the addition of 8 wild and scenic rivers and 9 Research Natural areas, as described in Alternative F.

I also recommend that the ASQ of Alternative D be lowered from 17.7 mmbf/year to 15 mmbf/year to closer adhere to a "non-declining even flow" of timber, as per the National Forest Management Act.

The issue of Off Road Vehicle Management should also be limited to no more than 50% of the forest being open to motorized recreation. Conflicts and abuses of ATV's continue to escalate each year, and ATV use can have severe and lasting negative impacts on natural resources. There is an immediate need to limit ATV use before it becomes an even larger problem for the Medicine Bow National Forest, than it already is. There is no need for ATV users to have motorized access to every last square inch of the Medicine Bow. Wildlife security, the spread of noxious weeds, illegal ATV use, and aesthetic values are greatly compromised because of increased motorized travel.

Thank you for your attention to this very important plan."

Great comments, Buzz! Thanks for posting them and showing how it's done!
smile.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 02-14-2003 12:19: Message edited by: Ithaca 37 ]</font>

Yes, I did miss that posting.
Thank You, I'll have to review it and get back to you.
I'm headed out for a day or so. Hold down the fort, and I can't wait to see what transpirers while I'm gone.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Ihave an ATV ride to get ready for and take care of.

It amazes me how an ATV can make people resort to the type of stuff Ithaca and Buzz has posted about someone that is or could become disabled.
No one ever said ATV's should be allowed to run all over the place.
In my defending ATV riders I have never talked about (in a serious manner) anyone being allowed to ride wherever they want to.
You two have labled so many people ,I am saddened at the way these posts have gone in talking about someone that is disabled.
Not all things or people are as they seem ,Ithaca ,you have proved that to me without a shadow of a doubt.
You have no compassion,no thought,nothing on your mind but how to get what you want.

I dont care what you call me or what you think of me as aperson or a hunter,but to see the callous way you talk about someone with a disability is something I really though even you would'nt stoop to.
I enjoy a good slam ,both at the recieving end and giving end,but you guys have taken it lower that I can stomach.
I draw the line going after someone that is disabled ,Ithaca you win.
It's plain to see you will stop at nothing to get what you want.
Many people have disability's and they can show up in many different ways.
All I can say it [there but for the grace of god go I]
I hope you never have to put up with anyone as hard hearted as yourself or that you never suffer any disabilty.
To think that all this over a stupid piece of equipment.
I would gladly give mine up for you to see how much your sterotyping can hurt people that are disabled and the hunting population as well.
You Win .

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

All the good you have done for wildlife does what? when you can post such disrespect and disregard for anyone that is challanged by a disabilty.

MD, just for a little clarity, Buzz said "I wouldnt be against folks like your Uncle using an ATV if the rest of the lazy bastards would not be allowed to. The trouble is for every legitimate use, there's 1000 who are just plain freaking lazy"
So he didn't dump on the handicapped.

And we both know how the rhetoric flows, I'd be willing to bet you ten dollars that Ithaca feels the same way deep down , he's helped too many start hunting to draw a line like that. (Do I have to send her $10 or not Ithaca?)

I was raised by a Step-dad that lost his leg in a motorcycle accident (a drunk hit him) yet the man was able to go out rabbit, quail and squirrel hunting with me when I was a kid. He'd fight the briars , mud, etc. on his crutches (atificial leg was too unreliable in the woods and fields)just to get to hunt.

Then while at work, he tripped and fell with that heavy-assed artificial leg on the high side. It snapped his pelvis and screwed up his back. So, after almost 20 years of being an amputee he finally became "crippled". He's pretty much given up hunting now, just can't get around good enough.

But, if comes the time that he wants to get a handi-capped permit to use an ATV to hunt, and someone tells him he shouldn't be in the woods, I'll look them straight in the eye as I gut them. But that's just me
biggrin.gif

Herr Marland comes to Buzz's rescue and whacks MD4ME

Your a heck of a mod there Herr Marland!

Bwahahahhahhahahqahaahhahahaha!

Your moderating is totally one sided.

BUT... Your uniform is cool

heydrich.jpg

Sure, I'm sorry for Ten's unfortunate uncle. And everyone here has made it clear at some time that handicapped people should be able to use ATVs as long as they abide by the regulations governing handicapped ATV use.

But those hordes of guys we see tearing up the countryside aren't handicapped, and you all know it. They're mostly just too lazy to walk.

Just to bring to light the fact that there are parking places that let handicap people park, and yes others use them on occasion, but since the fines for getting caught are not worth the effort of parking in one of these spots, make them so that very rarely any but the handicapped use them. Why not make the fines when caught way worse then the effort of driving one in is worth. Just a simple observation, and yes some will use the areas that they are not supposed to, but if they are caught, make the penalty way worse then the crime. I don't believe these areas would be abused, especially when people are actually looking for it…

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> In my defending ATV riders I have never talked about (in a serious manner) anyone being allowed to ride wherever they want to.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>If it's legal what's the beef right???
footinmouth.gif
Sure couldn't answer my question about that when I posed what the beef was about Marvel because it too is legal.

Come on 1-pointer, you havent figured out yet that most here only like the legality of certain issues when it fits their agenda?

Prime example:

While MD4ME will defend her legal right to ride roughshod over the country-side to "legally retrieve game"....She'll also be the first to bash Marvel even though everything he does is well within the law.

Can you say hypocritical?

Oh, and Marland, thanks for ACTUALLY READING what I said concerning handicapped people and ATV use. I dont think anyone reads anymore...if they do their comprehension sucks.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 02-15-2003 18:13: Message edited by: BuzzH ]</font>

Take a look at her antelope pictures this year...unless maybe you're eyes are too crossed from alcohol consumption, you can clearly see no road and her ATV right beside the dead antelope.

Does that qualify?

Are we clear?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Come on 1-pointer, you havent figured out yet that most here only like the legality of certain issues when it fits their agenda? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
And your not guilty of this???

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Oh, and Marland, thanks for ACTUALLY READING what I said concerning handicapped people and ATV use. I dont think anyone reads anymore...if they do their comprehension sucks. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
And again I say, your not guilty of this???

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Can you say hypocritical? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well as a matter of fact I can!!!

"Take a look at her antelope pictures this year...unless maybe you're eyes are too crossed from alcohol consumption, you can clearly see no road and her ATV right beside the dead antelope."

Im LMAO on this one Buzz.
MD4ME runs roughshod!!!!

eek.gif
eek.gif

For someone that knows so much about BLM land and all Buzz can you please tell us just where the road was?
In what direction does that road go?
How far off the road did I pull?

If in pulling a rig (ATV or Truck) off the main traveled part of any road where illegal or unethical someone is missing out on collecting large sums of money in fine's .
Are you saying that you are one of thoses guys that park right in the middle of a road blocking it from other hunters or users?

You might want to call the BLM office to complane about the lack of parking spaces out there.
In fact Ill bet you and Ithaca can be the first ones to get it going ,better yet be the first to donate money and you might get a parking brick with your name on it.
You have the picture of my Antelope BUZZ if you think its illegal please feel free to turn me in LOL
If Im unethecal in that picture,Im wondering how many others on here have been or will be.
rolleyes.gif

Your hate for ATV's is effecting your judgment of other hunters.
I also was able to pull right up to my Elk this year ,would you like the picture of that one to judge how illegal or unethical I was? Or would it make any difference to you that we used a truck during that hunt? LOL

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YellowCreek
Back