Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Idaho F&G commission gives unanimous OK to Access Yes

Ithaca 37

"Hunters and anglers could get access to more than 100,000 acres this year after F&G commissioners approved funding for its new Access Yes program........“I think that´s a good start,” said Jack Fisher, member of the Landowner/Sportsmen Advisory committee that created the program. “I´m sure there are several hundred thousand acres more out there.”"

(for all you Wildlife Federation haters---Jack Fisher is past president of the Idaho Wildlife Federation)

http://www.idahostatesman.com/Extras/IdahoOutdoors/story.asp?ID=35320

It sounds like a good thing that will help the hunters and fishermen have more opportunities.

What is a Landowner Appreciation Permit?
confused.gif

It's a controlled hunt permit given to any landowner who has more than 640 acres in a controlled hunt area if they apply for it. It can be for deer, antelope or elk. The land has to be good wildlife habitat. They're not allowed to sell the permits so the way they get around it is to give the permit to someone who pays them for access to their land.

All the other methods to gain access has resulted in abuse by the land owners. My guess is this will be the same. I do hope it works but in the end the hunter will not gain a thing.
Ron

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineCoaster
Back