Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Idaho Elk-PHOTOS!!!

elkhunterUT

My Brother took this nice bull in Idaho on the evening of Saturday, September 20th. The hunt was awesome-we spotted a couple cows feeding towards a huge meadow, followed by this bull. We decided to get as close as possible to where we thought they might be heading and call from that point. Just as we were getting to where we wanted to be, the bull let out a bugle that sounded about 80 yards from our location.

My brother quickly set up in some cover 30 yards ahead of me, and I let out a bugle, followed by a couple cow calls. We immediately heard the thundering of hooves, and we had one pissed off bull heading our way. My brother spotted his antlers first as he stepped out of the trees 41 yards away. He drilled the bull perfectly behind the shoulder and the bull only made it about 30 yards before piling up. The packout sucked as we were about 4 miles from the nearest road.
fb025d40.jpg.orig.jpg

Here is a picture of me with the bull
fb025d39.jpg.orig.jpg

I am not sure what is wrong with the pictures-they have always worked from imagestation before-oh well. Thanks dgibson for putting them up for me.

Sweet bull. One of these days I going to have to have to learn how to hunt those big guys.

Nice!!!! My brother was with me on my first bull last year. I'm going to have to buy a bow cause that looks like too much fun. don

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back