Idaho Elk Hunting Survey

TheTone

Idaho is currently in the process of rewriting its elk management plan which is the guiding document that helps with everything from season setting to desired herd composition and size. If you have hunted elk in Idaho, plan to hunt elk in Idaho in the future, or just care about how Idaho is managing elk hunting and you have a minute or two please take this survey. A number of these were mailed out to Idaho hunters, but the survey was also made available online to everyone.

http://www.cnr.uidaho.edu/IDFG/elkhuntersurvey.htm

I think all who hunt Idaho should take this survey, so long as you lean towards letting all of us elk hunt every year.

Done. I personally hope very little changes for the elk hunting regs in Idaho. I like the current system and hope that with state management of wolves and habitat work that it will get better. Better would be...well better, but IMO, its pretty darn good now.

Everyone should jump on this. At the end of the survey there is a nice block for you to provide your own input. It is in our hands to provide the answers to their questions

I completed mine. In the comment box at the end, I said that they should import some more wolves as there arent enough in Idaho yet......nah, just kidding, I didnt do that!

I completed mine. In the comment box at the end, I said that they should import some more wolves as there arent enough in Idaho yet......nah, just kidding, I didnt do that!

Good one...in mine I said we should tranq them and start some new packs in NY and CA...isn't that were all those wolf lovers congregate? :hump:

Done. Not sure they could ask trophy vs opportunity anymore than they did.

I was elk hunting in 09 "in idaho" and a woodcutter informed me that the area i was hunting was the original location that Idaho fish and game turned loose the first 9 wolves in the state. I wasn't a bit skeptical. This guy stayed at camp for an hour or so, after awhile his story started making more sence, and he said that the guy who funded the first wolves from Canada in Idaho was the Marvel Comics guy....Comic books.... Can anyone help validate this ol' guys story?

This guy stayed at camp for an hour or so, after awhile his story started making more sence, and he said that the guy who funded the first wolves from Canada in Idaho was the Marvel Comics guy....Comic books.... Can anyone help validate this ol' guys story?
I'm pretty sure that is false. He's referring to John Marvel from Western Watersheds Project based out of Hailey, ID. As far as I know he is not of the comic book family.

IIRC, the first wolves in Idaho were released at the end of the road heading into the Frank Church north of Shoup, ID. I think it was where Corn Creek joins the Main Salmon.

They are obviously considering moving to more controlled hunts. My question is they are worried about the declining quality of elk hunting in Idaho so why continue to allow people to kill two Buck/bulls a year by purchasing a second non resident tag? If you want to provide quality and opportunity letting a few people with a few 100 extra dollars shoot two rag horns a year is pretty stupid in my mind.
And to all of the people who buy a second tag and shoot two 3pt deer every year I know that it's legal but does it make it right? Will you feel guilty when the current system fails and we go to all controlled hunts? Will you be mad on the years you don't draw a tag and don't get to hunt deer or elk at all?

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back