Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Idaho elk hunt....not!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dougd

Just a word of caution....beware of the Free elk camp opportunity offered on this site.
Turns out after spending $$$ on license and tags, ex-fish and game warden cancelled the trip with no explanation.
He explained to me that I knew people in Orofino that could set me up.

Never to old to learn from mistakes
D:

Perhaps he had a good reason. I wish that you would have explained the situation on the board when it happened, I would have given you ideas on where to hunt...

Which free elk camp hunt? Was it that take a kid on their first hunt thread awhile back? Or something else?
So the guy who offered the free camp called you and cancelled or a warden? And what do you mean by "people...that could set you up"? Is that a bad "set up" or some good people could help fix your lost elk camp opportunity?

Sorry you got had, but did you really think something like that would be free?

The offer included taking along a youth hunter but Ric changed his mind on this during our conversations on this matter.

The guy offering use of his camp cancelled the invite....he was an ex-warden in Id.
I had friends in the Orofino area but they have given up hunting due to the wolves.

I'm guessing that you rubbed him the wrong way. I only say this because there seems to be a thread recently posted about how nice Ric was and how great a time they had at his free elk camp...

Just to be fair I don't think it's right to say "take your gun and go for a walk", if he was promised a camp then he may not have been to or even have the gear to camp himself.

Will be interesting to hear the story on this...I'm always leary of the "free" rides as you call them. I'm sure Ric will chime in as he last posted on here on 10/31.

Just to be fair I don't think it's right to say "take your gun and go for a walk", if he was promised a camp then he may not have been to or even have the gear to camp himself.

Why isn't it right? Granted, it may not be ideal, but it is what it is. You can make the best of it or you can choose not to.

Will be interesting to hear the story on this...I'm always leary of the "free" rides as you call them. I'm sure Ric will chime in as he last posted on here on 10/31.

If you re-read Ric's posts, he is very clear as to what he was trying to accomplish. It's highly possible that the more he talked to the OP, the more he realized that it wasn't going to be a good fit. As to the timing, etc., I have no idea.

I will say this, I have swapped PMs with Ric and found him to be a very helpful and honest person. He gave me way more advice and information than he needed to, and it's obvious in corresponding with him that his focus is on helping kids. Kudos to him.

Could it be that you gave him a good reason not to bring you into his camp? I have no doubt you won't see it that way, but that doesn't mean it's not that way. (That doesn't mean it is, but it doesn't mean it isn't)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back