Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Idaho Dream Season.

Just an update. My buddy is hunting his butt off. He's seeing some maybe shooter moose. But he's holding strong for a nice one. Seen a few deer and elk but taking his time. I'm sure in the next month this threads going to see some pics. Until then, if you see something that you say, "man I wish I knew somebody with a controlled hunt tag..." send some pics. He's appreciative of any help.

Just an update. My buddy is hunting his butt off. He's seeing some maybe shooter moose. But he's holding strong for a nice one. Seen a few deer and elk but taking his time. I'm sure in the next month this threads going to see some pics. Until then, if you see something that you say, "man I wish I knew somebody with a controlled hunt tag..." send some pics. He's appreciative of any help.
Oh I see some of you are laughing, that's ok have your laugh. I know I've bent over backwards to help an out of stater find a 400 bull one a 1000/1 odds tag in a unit I have hunted my whole life. That bull elk measured 409. Don't make fun of locals. We know where to go. I knew what that tag ment. I helped. You laugh and then draw that tag, I hope you get the same reaction from us. This is his shed from a year prior.20230911_215442.jpg20230911_215451.jpg Karma is a real thing. You help me I help you. You just laugh, I don't know anything about the game where I've lived for 38 years... I literally pointed out the patch of timber this bull was in because that Michigan guy helped me on a deer hunt. The bull gave up his genetics in Sept. Nobody else I knew would have a tag before he died of old age. Why wouldn't I help a guy shoot him!?

Last edited:
exactlybone person used a laugh emoji. No need to get upset about that?

Photo of that 409 bull to keep us entertained?
I don't have any of that bull. I should have mentioned that was green score and no clue how much he shrunk drying. He didn't want pics taken. Which I try to respect. He stopped by the cabin after and we measured it twice. The tines on my shed are 18 to 24 inches for reference. The next year he grew another point plus some kickers. Then added 4 to 6 inches on the others. You can see the start of a kicker on my shed royal. The next year both actually grew and were 10 inches. That's how we figured it was the same bull. Crazy mass. It was definitely his big year. It was nuts. Helps the area has zero antlered rifle season unless you draw. Plus an elk rancher had a few escape years before. We have a feeling he was one of the escapees. Bred to be big. The hole in the ear was kind of evidence of that. That's why you'll never see it in a record book.

Last edited:
Back