PEAX Equipment

Idaho draw results

Elkchaser12

Guys I'm going crazy not knowing my idaho big game draw results for some reason I feel like this is the year I will finally draw some good tags! I know they said on the website people who successfully draw will get a postcard by July 10.. Just wondering if anybody knows when they should be available online thanks!

I think I have always known by the 4th of July. My guess is June 27th or 30th this year.

seems like it's usually between the 23rd and 27th. I'll guess the 26th this year.

It just drives me up a wall that we are always one of the last states.
I do have to say that if I was a NR I would go nuts having to wait until so long in the summer to find out the results and scramble to plan on the time off, deal with family obligations and plan/scout for a hunt if I am drawn. I for one welcome the $$$$ you NR bring into our state and the small villages you may be hunting close to.
Idaho residents, am I wrong in this thinking?

It just drives me up a wall that we are always one of the last states.
I do have to say that if I was a NR I would go nuts having to wait until so long in the summer to find out the results and scramble to plan on the time off, deal with family obligations and plan/scout for a hunt if I am drawn. I for one welcome the $$$$ you NR bring into our state and the small villages you may be hunting close to.
Idaho residents, am I wrong in this thinking?

No, I agree 100%. Idaho doesn't help themselves in attracting NR's. Super late draws, steep NR fees, especially for trophy tags. When us residents pay next to nothing for such incredible opportunity here. Steep non refundable license.

I do think we are a good option for those that struck out in the draws and don't have much for resident opportunity in their home state. I'll be honest, if I was a NR I would not put in for idaho except for the years that I knew I would be hunting with general tags here.

steep NR fees, especially for trophy tags.

Isn't Idaho relatively the same if not cheaper than most western states when it comes to sheep, goat and moose tags? A friend of mine has probably $1,500 into moose and sheep (might be goat) points in WY and he has yet to even draw.

Last edited:
Isn't Idaho relatively the same if not cheaper than most western states when it comes to sheep, goat and moose tags? A friend of mine has probably $1,500 into moose and sheep (might be goat) points in WY and he has yet to even draw.

I agree. when you figure in bonus points and cost of license in states like Nevada, Idaho is cheap and fair. By the time I draw sheep in Nevada it is likely that I will have already spent $5000 in licenses and points that I may only use every third year on mostly mule deer. Then the sheep tag will be $1200 or more if I ever draw. Idaho is suddenly very cheap!

I agree. when you figure in bonus points and cost of license in states like Nevada, Idaho is cheap and fair. By the time I draw sheep in Nevada it is likely that I will have already spent $5000 in licenses and points that I may only use every third year on mostly mule deer. Then the sheep tag will be $1200 or more if I ever draw. Idaho is suddenly very cheap!

Well, if you take an average number of years to draw a NR goat tag here your probably going to be putting in for 10-15 years, hopefully less! 15 x $160.75 (non refundable license/app fee) = $2,411.25 plus $2,200 for the tag. So were splitting hairs there, because not everyone will draw that tag in 15 years, it might take more. Comparable to other states I guess, I just wouldn't classify it as "very cheap."

Being a resident of Idaho, I did not realize that $160.75 was non-refundable to the non-residents. You may be right in that it's not very cheap but we are cheap compared to other states assuming equal odds apply to everybody.

Well, if you take an average number of years to draw a NR goat tag here your probably going to be putting in for 10-15 years, hopefully less! 15 x $160.75 (non refundable license/app fee) = $2,411.25 plus $2,200 for the tag. So were splitting hairs there, because not everyone will draw that tag in 15 years, it might take more. Comparable to other states I guess, I just wouldn't classify it as "very cheap."

Good point, but at least with the license you can still hunt deer, elk, pronghorn and everything feathered every year you buy the license.

Good point, but at least with the license you can still hunt deer, elk, pronghorn and everything feathered every year you buy the license.

Good point. There are still OTC tags a guy can go for. In Nevada it's just the snow @#)(# and chuckar worth chasing.

Yeah no doubt! You can't beat our opportunity if you have Idaho penciled in for your fall whether you draw a tag or not, but most NR's think our OTC tags aren't worth a damn. Little do they know...

Good luck in the draw fellas. Next week we should have a clearer picture of what the fall brings.

Results on the 27th would be a good day for me considering it's my last day of working for corporate America! Would be a good way to go out! Ya think?

Back