Idaho 2024- start %itching now

So for say unit 2, you could hunt any of these three general weapon seasons with their restrictions:
1701462868794.png

YOu can also archery hunt with the purchase of the permit for these seasons:
1701462912737.png

As bad as it is this year there is always next year and December 1st is a Sunday so it should be really good for the in person purchases.......

Can someone clarify this for a total ID newbie?

I got a general deer tag this morning in a unit that also has a December OTC archery tag. Is it like WY where I just have to buy an archery stamp to hunt that season as well if I don't fill the tag in October? Or was that a different quota?
When you put it that way, either hunt should be open. You’re GTG.

Reactions: trb
Just logged in to check things out, was able to go straight to purchasing an NR elk tag. Only a handful of choices left though.

I logged back in after all the chaos and picked up a statewide DAV deer tag 👍. There wasnt one availible when I first logged in, said they were sold out. Heck yeah. Ill get to hunt with my buddy for the first time in 4 years.
My buddy did the same after getting a high number in the queue initially. looking forward to the fall.

Bought one in person for a friend this morning, just needed his last name, birthday, and the last 4 of his social. There were 10 folks in line at my small idaho town vendor.

Hang in there. The zone my son wanted showed sold out at 10:30 this morning. He stayed in the queue anyways and was able to purchase one 5 minutes ago. It showed 1800 tags available which is more than the allotted amount. Something is whacked out with this system, we'll see if a tag shows up.
I'm still 17k behind but not going to log out after looking at all the available tags on his account View attachment 304253
Ouch!

Not going to lie, this is totally just a safe fall for my wife and I. We will be putting in for other draws, nothing expected to for sure draw but if something hits, probably going to be returning tags. Part of why this system is so dumb!

One thing I really don't get is why do they need to do it on Dec. 1st? Why not August 1st after everyone is a loser in the draws.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mtbirdandbiggamehunter
Back