Idaho 2023

Feel like I crushed it at 13443. I might just throw in the towel at this point. This is definitely out of hand.

What a truly terrible system. I've been on their site since 9am with incredibly fast internet, and still somehow missed out on even getting in to the waiting room for a randomized number.

I've bought NR tags in Idaho almost every year for the last 10-12 years, but I'm done until they get their shit figured out and fix this joke of a system.
I couldn’t agree more. Do a random drawing for EVERY non resident tag offered. No stress and the guy who wants to rifle hunt the Lolo zone for elk would get his tag every year.

This isn't an application. I think we all wish it was so that at least we had an equal chance without all the server crashes and nonsense.
It's a live random draw sort of. I agree tho is a crazy process. Wish we could do atleast 2 people party apps. And if 1 person is group leader the next person cant login to the que.

I kind of love the ID system, not my current place in line mind you-but no money upfront, you know if you are going to ID by the end of the day... no groups cuts out people who won't go solo, and there is enough hassle factor to weed out people who aren't willing to devote an entire morning...
They just have to invest enough money in the technology to make it work. Clearly they didn't. This seems to be a trend with State Fish and Game agencies. If you want use technology to make it fair, you have to invest in the technology. Idaho apparently went with the cheapest bid which used a 15yr old server in some guys garage.

So you're pretty happy with how Idaho handles their Non-resident deer and elk tags?
The system has worked fine for me for resident tags.

I was against the idea of restricting NRs to 10% per unit but Idaho residents voiced their hatred of NRs. The change shifted demand and created the circus.

I remember when Idaho couldn’t give away its NR tags and was selling them at 50% discounts to residents. It wasn’t that long ago. Demand will drop again once we have a recession.

They just have to invest enough money in the technology to make it work. Clearly they didn't. This seems to be a trend with State Fish and Game agencies. If you want use technology to make it fair, you have to invest in the technology. Idaho apparently went with the cheapest bid which used a 15yr old server in some guys garage.
I thought they were required to go with the cheapest option by the legislature.

It worked better when IDFG ran it versus the outside group.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back