PEAX Equipment

ID Big 3 Deadline Tomorrow

If anyone feels like sharing some info on Moose in 10A-4 or moose hunting Idaho in general (like should I hunt the rut or? Try and get access to private in that unit?- long season) Id love a PM. Good luck to all who drew! I will def provide a wright up after the hunt.

If anyone feels like sharing some info on Moose in 10A-4 or moose hunting Idaho in general (like should I hunt the rut or? Try and get access to private in that unit?- long season) Id love a PM. Good luck to all who drew! I will def provide a wright up after the hunt.

Yes. Try it all. I saw bull moose in 8a last year. It’d be a tough hunt with thick timber, hoping for a moose in a clear cut.

lastlight, I think you could start getting some rutting action around the end of September with it getting better the first two weeks of October. It has been awhile since I have been to your area but, in the past, there was always lots of logging going on. You should not have trouble finding lots of clear cuts with the successional growth moose like.

Moose spotting can be much easier in November after the leaves have dropped on the growth in clear cuts. If you have snow then, it is even better.

After the rut, it has been my experience in North Idaho that moose don’t roam too much. That can be good if they are hanging close to clear cuts, bad if they are in thick timber.

You might check with the Forest Service and State Forestry to find who is currently logging in the unit and contact some of the loggers for information.

Good luck.

Solid info BAKPAKR, thank you much! I would love to hunt later in the season so my hunting partner can get a chance at a whitetail. If my chances at seeing bulls are fair to good post rut then Ill have a tough decision to make. I can spend at least 2 weeks straight hunting. Do you guys think that is enough time?

Has anybody else not received a refund from Idaho? I have not and I am sure it is because I am the first alternate when somebody turns their tag back in...

Back