IBEP Course Availability

Steve Petersen

I live in Rawlins and I’m trying to find out where the nearest International Bow Hunter Education Program (IBEP) course is being held. I’m not finding any info online and the lady at the WDFW had no clue what I was talking about. I’d like to put my two boys through this course as they want to start bow hunting. I took it many years ago and found it very very useful when I started bow hunting.
TIA and happy hunting!

I live in Rawlins and I’m trying to find out where the nearest International Bow Hunter Education Program (IBEP) course is being held. I’m not finding any info online and the lady at the WDFW had no clue what I was talking about. I’d like to put my two boys through this course as they want to start bow hunting. I took it many years ago and found it very very useful when I started bow hunting.
TIA and happy hunting!
I did the Idaho bow hunter education online, I couldn't find one close by. Totally understand wanting your boys to do an in person class, but it's an option.

In person IBEP courses are kind of scarce and maybe like a unicorn with Covid, you might try this:

Sorry, meant to send this one:

I’m an ibep instructor and I haven’t taught a class in 8 years. When I did teach the class it was part of a weeklong youth outdoor skills camp. Since a bow hunter course is not required to hunt in our state most people do not take one, just normal hunters Ed. I will occasionally get a call of someone needing or wanting the class and I always write their info down. If I had enough people regularly or interested to teach a class I would. That being said, I would find out who an instructor is in your area and talk with them directly. Ask your local bow shop about partnering with the instructor and advertise it at the shop and your states hunters education website where they post other classes. Contact your local rmef or similar group to see if they’d donate a small goody bag for the participants.

When I took mine years ago I was impressed by the instructors knowledge and the on-hands course set up. He had students shooting from tree stands, from their knees, estimating distances, showing how vitals (target) changes dependent upon the animals positions and angles, etc. Some of these folks old and young were blown away to see the difference between hunting situations and backyard target shooting. Can’t get the same feel from the net unfortunately.

Thanks for the info y’all. Being in this small town we don’t have an archery pro shop that does bow work. The local gun shop sells a couple bows but that’s it.
I’ll look into the WY bow Hunter Course for them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wyohandscold
Back