Caribou Gear Tarp

I was supposed to fly out tomorrow!!!

IDHUNTNFISH

Well after booking my caribou hunt with Arctic Air in 2021, I am now going to have to wait another year. My hunt just got postponed again another year. Fist it was a year wait to go. Then it was the sale of the company and the Federal Subsistence closure. Now smoke from the Alaska fires have shut down bush flights out of Kotzebue. :-(

Well after booking my caribou hunt with Arctic Air in 2021, I am now going to have to wait another year. My hunt just got postponed again another year. Fist it was a year wait to go. Then it was the sale of the company and the Federal Subsistence closure. Now smoke from the Alaska fires have shut down bush flights out of Kotzebue. :-(
Oh no! Sorry to hear that. We are headed up there the first week of September.

Feel your pain, Alaska was cancelled for me this year too. Bright side is a good moisture year in the west leaves plenty of other places to go on a good hunt.

So much in Alaska is out of our control. That’s why I never pursued really hunting up there. Costs are too high for me and it’s just too much planning effort to risk something getting cancelled.

That’s got to be frustrating.

Feel your pain, Alaska was cancelled for me this year too. Bright side is a good moisture year in the west leaves plenty of other places to go on a good hunt.
Absolutely! I'm excited to get out and chase some deer and elk here in my home state. Now I just have more time to do it.

So much in Alaska is out of our control. That’s why I never pursued really hunting up there. Costs are too high for me and it’s just too much planning effort to risk something getting cancelled.

That’s got to be frustrating.
I'm starting to think that way myself. I'm pretty sure this will be my last hunting trip up there. I'll stick to fishing from now on.

The smoke is a real problem up there. I know some people who just came back from stone sheep hunts empty handed because they couldn't glass effectively because of the smoke, and also lost days due to flight delays from the smoke. Guessing they dropped anywhere from $60K - $80K per person. At least yours never happened and you are getting rescheduled...it could always be worse.

Who are you going with? Hopefully you have better luck than I have getting up there.
Same I think, unguided Ak. Hopefully we get to go. I turned in two tags and ate $$$ to get up there. I’ll be so sad if I threw those tags away for nothing. If we make it, I’ll definitely do a write up and be happy to talk with you about it.

The smoke is a real problem up there. I know some people who just came back from stone sheep hunts empty handed because they couldn't glass effectively because of the smoke, and also lost days due to flight delays from the smoke. Guessing they dropped anywhere from $60K - $80K per person. At least yours never happened and you are getting rescheduled...it could always be worse.
I hate to say it, but that is actually good to hear. Makes me feel a lot better about our decision to pull the plug and regroup for next year. Sorry to hear about there sheep hunt.

Same I think, unguided Ak. Hopefully we get to go. I turned in two tags and ate $$$ to get up there. I’ll be so sad if I threw those tags away for nothing. If we make it, I’ll definitely do a write up and be happy to talk with you about it.
That is who bought Arctic Air. Same outfitter as we have. Man that would be awesome and my fingers are crossed for you to make it up there without a hitch! 🤞🤞

Back