I thought Elk hunting was supposed to be hard

Congrats on the bull

And wow it’s no wonder why people are hesitant to post unit names and numbers…
I’m pretty sure that unit tags sold out relatively quick last week and if a quick google search reveals any of those pesky elk were bugling in a mentioned unit last year then I’d say it’s going to get plenty of attention unfortunately.

I don’t want this to sound rude, but archery hunting always finds a way to humble a person at some point, especially archery elk hunting.

Good work on this one, but don’t get too cocky. I been there and done that. At one point I thought I was the reincarnation of Davey Crockett, since then I’ve thought several times about giving up hunting for a hobby I might be good at, like knitting. 😂
BINGO! ☝️
Ahhh the ignorance of youth.....

Good shot and sounds like it was a fun hunt, but you will be humbled no doubt....

This was my first year archery Elk hunting after I just moved to N. Idaho last winter. Got myself a Palouse A tag and admittedly did zero scouting and little preparation as I am focusing on a new job. From talking with locals I did not have high expectations for this area and my goal for this season was to just get a response or two from a bull.

Well after 2 days hunting I was into bugling bulls each day and arrowed a little raghorn the second morning. I thought this archery Elk hunting was supposed to be hard!!! LOL. Anyways I am hooked and doubt I will do much of any rifle hunting for these things anymore. Till next year I supposed!
Nice!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerrod12
Back