Caribou Gear

I thought Elk hunting was supposed to be hard

bpeay4

This was my first year archery Elk hunting after I just moved to N. Idaho last winter. Got myself a Palouse A tag and admittedly did zero scouting and little preparation as I am focusing on a new job. From talking with locals I did not have high expectations for this area and my goal for this season was to just get a response or two from a bull.

Well after 2 days hunting I was into bugling bulls each day and arrowed a little raghorn the second morning. I thought this archery Elk hunting was supposed to be hard!!! LOL. Anyways I am hooked and doubt I will do much of any rifle hunting for these things anymore. Till next year I supposed!

Attachments

• PXL_20220909_175618900.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220909_175618900.MP.jpg
    9.3 MB · Views: 308
Yup. Congrats! That’s how it goes. Sometimes it’s easy, quite often it seems impossible. I’m at risk of going 2 years in a row without sticking a bull. That hasn’t happened for about a decade but I hunt a chit load more than most.

Sometimes you're the genius sometimes the brainless idiot. Sounds like this was your genius year. Congrats!!

Great job. My first elk bowhunt lasted about an hour. First turkey hunt about the same. Glad they’re not all like that but it’s nice when it happens.

That's Awesome....Palouse zone was my training ground for elk. Now that you got your first, you can be picky next year (for a while at least). When you are after Big Daddy those lil raghorns will be the bane of your existence.... Enjoy your CASH MONEY BULL aka Legal and tender...

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back